Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-28-2005, 08:53 PM

Default AKs played wrong?

First time ive posted a hand. I played poorly on a few hands last night, so I wanted to get your thoughts on this one. (Also, this is absolute so i'm doing by hand). Any ideas on what I could have changed would be great.

Absolute 1/2 - 7 Handed

CO: 48 hands 40/14/1.41

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG Calls, MP1 Folds, <font color="red">Hero Raises</font> , CO Calls, Button folds, SB /BB/UTG Call.
Flop (10SB): A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SS/BB/UTG check, <font color="red">Hero bets, CO raises,</font> 3 folds, Hero calls
Turn (7BB): K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO Bets, Hero Raises, CO raises</font>, hero calls
River (13BB): 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO Bets</font>, Hero Calls

Final Pot (15BB)
Old 12-28-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Re: AKs played wrong?

3-bet the flop and lead the turn. or do what you did. honestly just because you lose a hand doesn't mean you played it poorly.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:57 PM

I probably play it the same way. Waiting for the turn gets an extra .5 BB with minimal risk. I'd probably cap the turn, because we are almost always ahead here. The only semi-realistic hand we are losing to is 44, and if we lose to a set, so be it.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:06 PM

I think it is all fine. I might 3 bet that flop. Or cap that turn. or bet/call that river. Either way I would get to showdown with a pot about the same size and honestly be suprised to see a better hand.

PS. Since it's absolute did he show you AA. I saw a few donks do this kinda thing with this hand there.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Result

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is all fine. I might 3 bet that flop. Or cap that turn. or bet/call that river. Either way I would get to showdown with a pot about the same size and honestly be suprised to see a better hand.

PS. Since it's absolute did he show you AA. I saw a few donks do this kinda thing with this hand there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Opponent had: <font color="white"> 44 </font> (Highlight)
Old 12-28-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Result

Goto war on the flop when its a little cheaper.

His 3 bet on the turn generally means trips or better.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:45 PM

I'd cap the flop and, hitting two pair, cap the turn as well.

I don't know why you would checkraise the turn unless you were planning on capping it.

On the river I'd lead out and call a 3bet.

I'd be hard pressed to put Villain on a set because he played the flop so aggressively. It looks alot like a worse two pair. I'd try and get as many bets in on the flop and turn as possible and if he plays back on the river slow down a bit. I think you're ahead here though.

EDIT: I'd 3-bet the flop, not cap it.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:49 PM

::grunch::

Turn c/r is good. I'll cap the turn and lead the river. If he can raise the river that show of aggression, I'll just call the raise. Just don't think that he's beating us with any hand that'll call two PF. I'd place him on AQ/AJ before 44/22.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd be hard pressed to put Villain on a set because he played the flop so aggressively.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heartily agree. His raise of the near-bottom set drove out 3 guys that would've likely called the 1 bet, just to pick up your 1 SB.

The K on the turn was a disaster. His aggression on the flop led me to think he hit 2-pair and I'm now ahead. I would've 3-bet the turn and probably gone down in flames on the river as well. Of course, that's why I suck.

I crap my pants every time I'm on the short end of top two versus flopped set.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:32 AM

Against a loose aggressive opponent I think this is perfect.