Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Can anyone read this guy?

I agree with Ness. This seems like a spot where I get stacked after being shown two pair or a set and then kick myself for not being able to lay down TPTK like all the other fishes that we take money from.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian showed me A6o.... and I cursed at the monitor quite a bit.

Is preflop fine?

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the toughest things to learn is learning when and when not play for your stack with TPTK. This is a situation when you must be prepared to play for the whole stack. Too bad it didn't work out this time.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:24 AM

"As for A6 taking you out... screw him. Who the hell calls that raise w/ A6."
You'd be amazed. Just today, folded to me, I make standard raise with KK, from middle position, BB calls with A6o. Flop comes 6-rag-rag, he bets, I rasie, he calls. Turn brings him his third six. f-ing fish.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:34 AM

"easy call for me...you're only down to 3 hands in villain's range, and nothing really indicates that he has one of those 3."
Limped in merely called raise preflop in position, that doesn't sound like a medium pair to you? At the very least the man called that with a suited ace and now has two pair.
Not really that bad of a way to play it. He knows the OP isn't afraid of the ace, he bet out on the flop with the ace showing. Based on the pre-flop action, it's safe to say a good ace. If he just smooth calls the flop bet, OP will now get suspicious and may not put anymore money in the pot. So, he tries to give the impression that he's weak and trying to steal the pot by moving in knowing there are few hands that would call him, namely AK, AQ or a set and he is only in bad shape to the aces. Villian is either stacking OP or only getting his bet on the flop, this is his only chance to get more than the flop bet.