Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 11-11-2005, 02:21 PM

Default Did you notice \"The Sheik\" on the Raymer knock out hand?

On the hand that Raymer got knocked out on in the WSOP, "The Sheik" clapped for a few seconds and then turned to the audience, cupped his fingers and started moving his hand up and down in a sexually suggestive manner. I also think he was poking his tongue into the inside of his cheek as he did this. Sort of seemed like he was making the gesture on purpose regarding the prolonged clapping after Raymer got eliminated.

If you did not notice this watch him in the background during the applause of that hand.

X
Old 11-11-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Did you notice \"The Sheik\" on the Raymer knock out hand?

Yeah I just watched it, what a dick move. He claps for Tiffany but jerks off at Raymer? wtf!!!

Also, he couldn't even keep up with Mike even a little bit during their duel. He sux.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:27 PM

What do you expect from a guy who's so miserable he makes people cheer for Matusow.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you expect from a guy who's so miserable he makes people cheer for Matusow.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-11-2005, 02:30 PM

I am surprised this gesture did not get edited out.

X
Old 11-11-2005, 02:41 PM

DUDE! I just noticed it too. I can't stand that [censored]! I never thought after last year's WSOP that I would cheer for Mike Matusow, and actually hate someone else at the table more than him!

This dude is a total a.ss. Imagine if he had won the whole thing, he would set poker back 10 years.

After looking at the tape again, I think he may have been referencing Mike Matusow, as oppossed to Raymer's exit. If you notice, he claps which shows appreciation for Raymer, but his obvious duel with Matusow and his resulting obvious tilt leads me to believe he took the opportunity during the crowd's applause to look at his buddy and gesture to him the way he feels about Matusow in general, or the way that matusow was standing and cheering for Raymer.

I think it has no reference whatsoever to Raymer.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DUDE! I just noticed it too. I can't stand that [censored]! I never thought after last year's WSOP that I would cheer for Mike Matusow, and actually hate someone else at the table more than him!

This dude is a total a.ss. Imagine if he had won the whole thing, he would set poker back 10 years.

After looking at the tape again, I think he may have been referencing Mike Matusow, as oppossed to Raymer's exit. If you notice, he claps which shows appreciation for Raymer, but his obvious duel with Matusow and his resulting obvious tilt leads me to believe he took the opportunity during the crowd's applause to look at his buddy and gesture to him the way he feels about Matusow in general, or the way that matusow was standing and cheering for Raymer.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. I'm not saying the Sheik is a great guy...but he was calling Mike a jerk-off, not Greg.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Either way, his timing was horrible and shows a general lack of disrepect. I still can't believe this guy is 35.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. I'm not saying the Sheik is a great guy...but he was calling Mike a jerk-off, not Greg.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seemed to me like he was implying that the crowd was (figuratively of course) fellating Raymer.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seemed to me like he was implying that the crowd was (figuratively of course) fellating Raymer.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly what I think. The tongue in cheek addtion to the gesture made it a clear fellatio reference not a "jerk-off" gesture/reference.

This was clearly a gesture made with Raymer's knock out in mind and not the altercation with Mike M.

X