Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 10-01-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Re: \"That\'s Exactly What I Put Him On\"

[ QUOTE ]
What did the guy do wrong? There was $1m difference in first/second place money. You don't think that you would be a little excited the see that he had 'exactly the type of hand that you put him on'. He was excited that he was ahead in the hand and had a decent chance at winning an additional ONE MILLION DOLLARS?!?

It's not like he was disrespectful or acting like an idiot. He was in the most pressure packed situation that he has ever been in and acted fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy handled himself poorly and came across badly. To me, he seemed arrogant and contrived.

In contrast, the Grinder came across as calm, humble and focused on the game and happy to get support from overzealous fans.

I saw the grinder take down a huge pot first day of the ME this year and he handled himself there too. You might see it at the feature table. Hand versus Tom Sartori (and people are going to love that guy on these forums, LOL--just wait, you'll see).
Old 10-01-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to know what company made his suit, so I can sell them short Monday.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy handled himself poorly and came across badly. To me, he seemed arrogant and contrived.

[/ QUOTE ]

weird, i thought he came off quiet, polite, and a thinking player. FWIW, I think Grinder seemed just fine too. I guess some people rub people the wrong way.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

weird, i thought he came off quiet, polite, and a thinking player. FWIW, I think Grinder seemed just fine too. I guess some people rub people the wrong way.

[/ QUOTE ]

watch the last 30 mins of the show.

" careful, careful sir!!", "that's exactly what i put him, that's exactly what i put him, exactly what i put him, exactly what i put him."

alot of chips sure changes a person. lol
Old 10-02-2005, 05:23 AM

I remember seeing this episode for the first time last year or whatever, and boy did I want Michael to win so bad. Mike clearly showed that he knew what it took to win when he also final tabled the WPT episode before winning (in which he took a bad beat to lose to Daniel Negreanu in a HUGE pot).

I knew Mike had what it took to play the game, but he's not cocky about it or anything, he can at least handle the pressure that these events could put on to you, but outright belittling your opponent won't give you any positive attention.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must not have watched the entire episode.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:07 AM

he is. but don't go by what i say. it's not like i know him and his "posse" go by what this internet donkey says. he knows all since he saw it on the wpt.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:16 AM

Seems like players always say that when they call an all in with a PP and are against overs or vice versa.

No shxt huh?
Old 10-03-2005, 05:47 AM

i've played cash games with harabalos, or however you spell it.
he's a nice guy, just really conceited, i mean really conceited.

kind of guy that loves to drop names trying to show how cool he is.

he must think people find it impressive when he claims to be good friends with gus and paul philips.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:10 AM

i agree totally, i hate the new "bring your loud retard crew to the final table" crap that is going on now. making poker seem like the freaking WWE, really classless

when the main event final table airs, i'm now i'm going to spend the entire time wishing genital diseases upon the autralians douchebag cheering section