Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-28-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Re: PS $27 turbos = PP $?

I started out playing SnGs on Stars, and only played a few on Empire before Party murdered them, so I'm back to Stars. I've been beating the 22s at a decent ROI, and I'm a complete noob to SnGs. I just recently started to get the hang of the pushbot method, and about the same time moved to the turbo 27s.

It seems that the 27s are far more aggressive than the 22s, lots of pushing, often with junk, on the first three levels. I started out on an incredible heater, then came back to earth. While I'm fairly confident I can beat the 27s, variance is a bitch, so I'm now at the 16s, which seem to be the best combination of rake and players, at least for me. The difference in rake between the 11s and the 16s alone amounts to substantial rakeback. You get 50% more money in play for the same dollar. Play 1,000 tournies a month and that dollar adds up.

For the near term, I'll be happy with the Stars swag. I can spend a ton of points in their store. I can use a couple of 2001FPs, a TV, and plenty of other stuff that's as good as cash.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: PS $27 turbos = PP $?

Well, let's just hope Stars does a good time advertising it, which I'm not sure how they can.