Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 12-20-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Re: i am going to rape your dog

I'll admit to being a little apprehensive about responding to posts in this forum because emotionally I admit to having a hang up with being supersticious. Intellectually I know the idea of a jinx is bunk. So at the risk of jinxing myself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], the action that PokerBob received on these hands is exactly the kind of action a good player desires. In the long run the suckouts will happen as often as they should and a few hands don't matter all that much at limit poker anyway. The hands that PokerBob posted are perfect examples of poor players exhibiting their IMO number one money losing habit, going too far with their hands.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll admit to being a little apprehensive about responding to posts in this forum because emotionally I admit to having a hang up with being supersticious. Intellectually I know the idea of a jinx is bunk. So at the risk of jinxing myself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], the action that PokerBob received on these hands is exactly the kind of action a good player desires. In the long run the suckouts will happen as often as they should and a few hands don't matter all that much at limit poker anyway. The hands that PokerBob posted are perfect examples of poor players exhibiting their IMO number one money losing habit, going too far with their hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh sure, I realize these points. I'm just saying if I played full time, I'd probably never see the long run because after enough beats like this in a short period I'd be ready to commit a felony. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 02:38 PM

If he puts you on KK and knows you'll pay off a turn or river raise and see a showdown, I think he actually has odds to call you the whole way.

Obviously you could have AQ here and he'd be drawing almost dead . . . just sayin' [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 12-20-2005, 02:52 PM

I marvel at limit hold'em. Last night I had Kings cracked twice by having players go too far (no big deal), got down about 20 BB's, but won a couple of big pots from the blinds with less than great hands pre-flop simply because I got in cheap. It's never pleasant to lose a pot you're heavily favored to win but if you play long enough you get used to it and handle it. Just have to realize that poor players are losing a lot of money by taking their crummy hands too far after the flop in the pots you do win.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel your pain man. This kind of stuff is why I could never play for a living, it makes me want to murder someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

it makes me giggle.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

gold
Old 12-20-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No need to get into a big pot this early in a tournament. Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he needs to build his stack so he can get to the FT.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:05 PM

Some instant classics in this thread, well done fellas!!
Old 12-20-2005, 04:48 PM

RIP Sam [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

-ZEN
Old 12-20-2005, 04:55 PM

raise the flop