Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 12-16-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Rose Bowl = Laugher

[ QUOTE ]
Styles make games. How did Notre Dame and Fresno St. move the ball against USC? With a precision passing game supplemented by enough running to provide balance. ASU also hurt them through the air. Nobody is arguing that these teams are better than Texas, but the reality may very well be that they were better equipped to exploit USC's biggest weakness--its cornerbacks.

Texas crushed its opponents this year by simply overpowering them. Look it up. They passed for 234.7 yards per game (42nd in the country) and rushed for 273.8 (3rd). Smaller teams could not match up with that offensive line, and in football when you get dominated at the line of scrimmage you get destroyed.

So many more things can go wrong for Texas in this game. Who's in worse shape if they fall behind by two touchdowns, Texas or USC? Who's more likely to turn the ball over in a bad spot? Which coaching staff do you trust to make better in-game adjustments? Let me tell you something--if USC keeps Texas in third and long for much of the game they are going to ANNIHILATE them.

Everyone says USC hasn't seen an offensive line like Texas' or a QB like Vince Young. What they forget is that the D practices against USC's offensive line--every bit as good as Texas'--daily. Oh, they also see a lot of a guy who's more athletic and faster than Young. He wears #5.

Texas backers want everyone to forget about what happened last year. "We're not Oklahoma," they say. Yeah, you're not. You're the squad that regularly took it up the ass from Bob Stoops and his boys. Fine, forget about last year. You still have to respect USC's track record. Three years ago they easily defeated an Iowa team quarterbacked by another mobile Heisman candidate, Brad Banks. And Kirk Ferentz is a MUCH better coach than Mack Brown. Look at his record in bowl games. Two years ago USC handily beat a Michigan team many considered the hottest, if not the best, in the country.

I think Pete Carroll will find a way to stymie Texas' relatively elementary offense. Once he gets out of his comfort zone Young will throw at least two picks. He did against Ohio State, and USC has come up with a TON of turnovers this year. If Ohio State was able to score 22 on Texas, how many will USC score? Remember, that Ohio State team still played Tressel ball. I don't know who this impostor is who's opened up the offense.

If Pinnacle offers an alternative line for the game I will gladly lay 14 and 21 points.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great post. This discusses matchups, instead of the silly, "Fresno State" comments. Well done. And I'm with you, I will be looking for alternative lines.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:01 PM

I can almost guarantee taht USC will win by at least 20 pts. This current line of -7 is a joke. This is honestly the lock of the millenium.

As of now I have $1K on the game, and it might increase, i just dont know if really want to bet any more than that on a sports game.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Pinnacle offers an alternative line for the game I will gladly lay 14 and 21 points.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to 5Dimes and check out action points. If your analysis is correct you can make a nice score betting this game that way.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:04 PM

To everyone that is so confident of a USC blowout, how do you account for the like being two touchdowns off? I am not saying that you guys are right or wrong, but the linesmakers are not in the habit of setting lines that are this far off. I do not plan on betting either side for this game, but if forced, Texas seems like the play to me.

Also, Fresno gashed USC by running up the middle so you cannot say that only USC's pass D is to blame for the pts. they gave up in that one.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:05 PM

For those doubting USC's defense, please look at each game under Pete w/ more than one week to gameplan...
Old 12-16-2005, 11:38 PM

Default 3 texas starter under investigation

word here in austin is that 3 ut players will be arrested and charged w/ assualt and robbery. ced griffin, taylor and another player are rumored to be the players. This story is just coming out tonight, so if you really liked usc before you might want to jump on the line now.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:37 AM

The line is about right in that there's been equal action on both sides. Sometimes books will take a side in a game; it doesn't seem like they have here. When the game is this big they make plenty of money off the vig alone.

Fresno State ran for 122 yards against USC (3.8 yards per rush). If you're going to beat this team you have to beat them through the air. USC is going to force Vince Young to sustain drives by completing lots of passes. Can he play mistake-free ball for four quarters? I'm betting that he can't.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:54 AM

Default Re: 3 texas starter under investigation

[ QUOTE ]
word here in austin is that 3 ut players will be arrested and charged w/ assualt and robbery. ced griffin, taylor and another player are rumored to be the players. This story is just coming out tonight, so if you really liked usc before you might want to jump on the line now.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has been offline at the books for a while now.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:52 AM

I will add this thought...Notre Dame