Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 09:47 PM

Default Re: $109 50/100, BB call/fold

Handcuffed? Not sure I follow..

I have to say though I'm not that fussed for my own stack about it going to 75/150 for the next hand. It's more what it does to his steal opportunities and the fact his FE goes down to almost nothing if he doesn't push here. Also.. the fact his range is likely to include hands he thinks will do well against a normal calling range, if you get my meaning. I also think his range would be pretty wide, if the blinds did not go up next hand. However whether that would be wide enough to call here is open to debate. Certainly though, if he's any good his range should be big here, and I believe that he is, so...

Anyway I'll leave this open for tonight as I'm off to sleep now, but in the actual hand I did call. His range has to be 60% to do it, but I felt that in this situation, this was more than likely.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:50 PM

Brainless fold.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:51 PM

Please explain why this is the case and what you would push from the SB here, then..
Old 11-30-2005, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But what are we, as 2+2ers, pushing from the SB in this situation? It's got to be a bloody huge range, right? Also bear in mind that I hit the SB next hand, unlikely to be first into the pot especially if I have 900, and then have only 6BB myself. Yeah, most BBs will probably fold if I shove, but I seriously doubt I'll even get the opportunity.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are 56% against any two. Doesn't seem worth it to me.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:57 PM

We only need to win 48.4% of the time for this to be +0.4% equity. If he really is pushing any two, we lose an absolute shedload by folding here.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:00 PM

I push a shitload of hands from the small blind because the big blind is at a stack size right now where he is okay for the next level and calling a push and losing would hurt him pretty bad (you would lose FE). As SB I probably push top 70% of my hands and as the BB I probably call with 44+, A2+, maybe KQ.

I'm not really a math guy and I'm sure the BB should be calling with even more hands but I don't think it's that necessary. Your stack is in a decent spot right now.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But what are we, as 2+2ers, pushing from the SB in this situation? It's got to be a bloody huge range, right? Also bear in mind that I hit the SB next hand, unlikely to be first into the pot especially if I have 900, and then have only 6BB myself. Yeah, most BBs will probably fold if I shove, but I seriously doubt I'll even get the opportunity.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are 56% against any two. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

well i could be wrong but doesnt icm make this a call if pusher is pushing any two? obviously, you must have run this through sngpt tiger (i havent).

i havent played any 100s but i dont think id be pushing any two in the sb's spot especially if i thought the bb thought id be pushing any two (if that makes sense). im folding this, but im wondering if an experienced player at this buyin could give a likely range for villian.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We only need to win 48.4% of the time for this to be +0.4% equity. If he really is pushing any two, we lose an absolute shedload by folding here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but you have to think he's going to fold his total crap that makes up much of your >50% advantage. I just don't like the risk of getting crippled on a slightly +EV spot here, but I guess it's a matter of taste/style at this point.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:04 PM

It's a fair point, but even at 60% range it's +0.4%. You can't generally let those kind of edges go at a $109. There is the "he knows that you know" argument, but I think seriously he'd just say screw it and push anyway because it's his absolute best chance of having any FE at all.

Anyway, not that results matter because this is totally read-based, but he had Q4o
Old 11-30-2005, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a relative unknown, or someone who hasn't proven themselves to be good? Any two and it's not even close. That's why this can definitely be a call against a very good player. But the number of players good enough to make this a call are few so make sure you've found one.