Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2004, 01:33 AM

Default AA on the button, opinions please.

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.35.
<font color="CC3333">UTG (poster) raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (8.20 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (14.20 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.20 BB
Old 09-06-2004, 01:34 AM

Default Re: AA on the button, opinions please.

sure. What were you wondering about?
Old 09-06-2004, 01:38 AM

was calling ok with the raise on the turn, or should I have reraised? is folding vs the second 9 weak?
Old 09-06-2004, 01:45 AM

Without a read, I think calling down is best by far.

If he raised it and UTG 3-bet, then folding might be best, but not for just one bet on the turn.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:48 AM

Thanks. I am finding that my first instinct tends to be right, but I sometimes talk myself into weak plays.

This guy ended up turning over KK for the full house, but I rationalized his play as a win overall for me, because he missed a good 2 maybe 3 BB from me had he not been so passive.

Going back over it, I was wondering if an unrelated mistake might have been not respecting the 9's and saved me 2 more BB, but I think that is me slipping into results oriented thinking.
Old 09-06-2004, 12:53 PM

Call down. Folding overpairs every time the board pairs and someone raises will cost you mucho dinero. Some folks, god bless them, slowplay top pair.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:18 PM

To continue with this hand on the turn you must reraise and fold to a cap unless player is super aggressive. If player is v passive fold to the c/r. If you have no reads 3 bet the turn and check through the river with no improvement.
It's all the calling that people do that cost them. Try to raise and fold more, little info comes out of calling down till the river.
When ur hand is good the raisin makes you more money. Occasionally one must lay down a winner to be a winner.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:27 PM

Doesn't reraising on the turn and folding to a cap cost 2BB - the same that it cost to call it down?
Old 09-06-2004, 04:10 PM

Doesn't reraising on the turn and folding to a cap cost 2BB - the same that it cost to call it down?

Why are you eager to fold when, for the same cost, you could potentially win at showdown?
Old 09-06-2004, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why are you eager to fold when, for the same cost, you could potentially win at showdown?

[/ QUOTE ]

What, me fold??!! It was Thunder Aces who advised the following:

[ QUOTE ]
To continue with this hand on the turn you must reraise and fold to a cap unless player is super aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

My question was intended (and obviously failed) to make the point that since it costs the same to call it down, Thunder's line was sub-optimal.