Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 08:02 PM

Default Tough spot on turn with draw.

CO is loose-passive.
BB is 35/10/1.

Party 3/6
Pre-flop: Folded to CO who limps, I complete the SB w/ black 5s, BB checks.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I bet, BB calls, CO raises, me and the BB call. (5BB in pot)

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
checked to CO who bets, I call, BB raises, CO 3-bets...

11BB in pot when it's hero's turn.

what's the deal???
Old 10-28-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Tough spot on turn with draw.

Well, this sucks.

I think I would call, hoping that BB will now slow down and also hoping that no one has 65/A5. Really, though, folding might be better. You seem to be behind, and it's hard to know how many of your 6 potential outs are good.

Earlier in the hand, I was going to recommend a flop 3-bet, but if CO if passive enough, then just calling his raise could be the sensible play.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and it's hard to know how many of your 6 potential outs are good.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is easily what confused me. I found this a tough task given the looseness of the CO and the fact that BB got a free play.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and it's hard to know how many of your 6 potential outs are good.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is easily what confused me. I found this a tough task given the looseness of the CO and the fact that BB got a free play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have said 10 potential outs, but I still think it's a difficult decision. You've got set outs that obviously can't be trusted, and your OESD is just a one-card OESD. Plus, there's some chance that someone flopped a straight and you're drawing to a chop.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:53 PM

This is close but I think it's a call at 6:1 odds (considering BB will call behind you and not raise, which is your best case scenario). Considering the betting, you'll get paid off if you hit an out and it is good, so you are really getting 14:2 implied odds).

Your two 5s are compromised by an AQ or AA hand. The A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is compromised by a possible flush draw, and the Aces could put you in trouble against a 65. The 3 non [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6s are the only outs I'm REALLY comfortable with, as it is doubtful a 75 is out there, LOL. The non [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Aces are good enough of the time that you can count them. So, 5.5 outs for the 3 6s and 3 As. 1.5 outs for the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. 7 outs total. About 6.6:1 to win, getting 7:1 implied odds.

You will be up against 65 sometime, but not often enough to make this a fold. Further, you are most like up against a set and/or AQ, which means you will get paid off nicely on a river Ace or 6. The pot will definitely be big enough for them both to call at worst if you hit, so implied odds are definitely there.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, this sucks.

I think I would call, hoping that BB will now slow down and also hoping that no one has 65/A5. Really, though, folding might be better. You seem to be behind, and it's hard to know how many of your 6 potential outs are good.

Earlier in the hand, I was going to recommend a flop 3-bet, but if CO if passive enough, then just calling his raise could be the sensible play.

[/ QUOTE ]

three bet the flop. You are ahead more times than not.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:29 PM

personally, I'd want to raise PF to knock out the BB and put pressure on the limper. As far as the flop, I really think that needs to be three bet, and I'd call the turn, and stay passive on the river unless the oesd hit