Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2004, 01:40 AM

Default Re: 2.50/5 NL Getting the most out of TPTK

Mixing up your play here is very important so neither play is necessarily correct. One factor that is important to consider here is your play style. If you are frequently raising or betting marginal hands than you should generally raise here. On the other hand, if you play like I do, where I typically slow play, calling here works for me. When a pot is small my bets get alot of respect because I hardly ever bluff at a small pot. Players who have played with me before know that I will bluff at a large pot after I have called a bet on the flop and therefore will pay me off in this scenario if they hold a hand like jacks.

Obviously I am not an online player as I play irl, so things differ greatly because you are not likely to have played with these people before. However, I think that mathematically the best way to play this hand is to call the flop, and either raise or call the turn.. which is another discussion in itself.