Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Man I play like crap

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like your river fold. If you call the turn then I think you should call the river. The smallish turn bet
suggest either nothing or a big hand. I would probably have folded on the turn, I would figure the miniraise on the flop and the tempting turn bet suggests a flopped set.

Bruce

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, to me the tempting turn bet (I like that phrase) was possibly a big hand or a flush draw. Or he might have gotten scared with top pair marginal kick (like TJ, a commonly played hand), but given that I put him on a set, a flush draw or top pair with marginal kick, once the flush gets there I'm behind there more than I'm ahead, so I thought a fold was in order, I might have always been behind, I'm dead to the flush, or a hand like TJ just beat me.

What hand would he bet like that all the way that I beat?

-Scott
Old 09-10-2005, 08:24 PM

river fold is mandatory given what hits, obviously. That shouldn't be in question.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IF I am calling this flop it is the intent to shove the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. that was my plan. but when he made that smallish bet it smelled bad and I got wimpy.

-Scott
Old 09-10-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
river fold is mandatory given what hits, obviously. That shouldn't be in question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I thought so as well. Glad u agree.

-Scott
Old 09-10-2005, 09:19 PM

Did you ever get a chance to see anything that he was limping from ep before or after this hand or get any kind of read on what kind of player he was? This hand is pretty interesting because of how tough it is to make decisions without a really good read of villain. Who plays draws like that?
Old 09-11-2005, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you ever get a chance to see anything that he was limping from ep before or after this hand or get any kind of read on what kind of player he was? This hand is pretty interesting because of how tough it is to make decisions without a really good read of villain. Who plays draws like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really had no read. but I've seen everything played like this, from sets, to AA, to flush draws, to QT. This is why these spots are so tough.

-Scott