Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 01:29 PM

Default KK laydown

UTG is a TPP (19/3/1.25)

The flop call was automatic and I was 50/50 folding on the turn. I'm thinking the turn might have been correct to fold.

Initially, I put UTG on AQ, or ATs, but expanded that to AA, QQ, KJs, or QTs on the turn. That much action from that passive of a player had to be something strong - didn't it?

Last, I'm wondering if I was too agressive on the hand as raising a passive bettor on the flop when I have position is a standard play?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $7.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.80 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.90 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.90 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.90 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 8.90 BB, won by UTG.</font>
Old 11-24-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: KK laydown

Fold the turn.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:47 PM

Why call the turn?
Old 11-24-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why call the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the question now isn't it.

I'm also thinking that folding to the flop 3 bet would have been OK too, if a litle weak-tight.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why call the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also thinking that folding to the flop 3 bet would have been OK too, if a litle weak-tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah for sure... I don't think 13:1 is enough with a gutshot. I want 25 to 1. But I'm a little weak tight.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why call the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah for sure... I don't think 13:1 is enough with a gutshot. I want 25 to 1. But I'm a little weak tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a real fan of these types of responses, but if you must, the use of something like "&lt;sarcasm&gt; text &lt;/sarcasm&gt; will help to ease the abrasiveness and make things less confusing for newbies.

Just a suggestion.