Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Thoughts on Empire Poker and the Zoo

Because they are using the inticement of a bonus to attract players back to Empire to play in the hopes they will stay and play after the bonus is cleared. They are using the bonus as a kickback from the revenue generating players to attract more revenue generating players. They do this at the expense of not comping their big revenue generators to the extent they should. It actually pays to be a slightly positive MGR player at several sites than a big MGR player at one. That is something all the skins need to address.

Vern
Old 05-06-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I believe they only do this for chip-dumping.

[/ QUOTE ]

DING DING DING!!!

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

If that were the case, these accounts would have been frozen one by one over time as they identified problems. Instead, all these closings have happened in just 24 hours.

Unless all the guys frozen were playing on 2+2 tables, and they think this is chip dumping or something. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2005, 05:40 PM

Clever spin but that would never hold up in court.

Not that any of this will make it to court [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

outs
Old 05-06-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This poker network is just being extra greedy,

[/ QUOTE ]

Best sentence in the entire thread.

Weird though, is it actually bonus whores that are causing all this ruckis at Empire/Party or is it just an assumption we all ran with [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Whatev, your still right... they're GREEDY.

outs
Old 05-06-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Like I said, these accounts that are suspended, banned, locked or whatever are done so with more than meets the eye.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hate to say you are wrong Lawrence but . . .

I tried to log into my Empire account a couple of hours ago . . and it was a no go.

Called the 1-800 number. Told to send e-mail to vip@empirepoker... Got e-mail back saying account closed for "suspicious activity" . .

I signed up at Empire about 6 months ago. I have one (and only one) account at Empire w/o rakeback. I've maybe played there a total of 6 or 7 times. I've only played there when clearing a deposit bonus. After clearing the bonus I cash out my entire balance. I have never transfered funds to another player or played with anyone I know while playing at Empire.

I couldn't care less if they close my account beacuse I have one at Party as well . . . but that could be the only possible reason that they would close my account.

I have checked the T&C's and cannot find anything that would remotely relate to me as there is nothing in there about NOT having an account at another skin and/or nothing about bonus whoring.

my three emails:

E-mail # 1:

Hi,

When I tried to log into my Empire Account today I was not able too. A
pop-up asked me to call customer service. When I called customer service
they told me to e-mail the address above and you would be able to clear up
the issue.

So . . . what gives ??

What "security issue" is there a problem with . . and how is it related to
my account ??

Please get back to me ASAP.

Thank you

xxxx

response #1:

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your e-mail.

This account has been randomly checked and found to consist with suspicious and wrongful actions that we don't support at EmpirePoker.com. As a result, we regret to inform you that the account has been closed permanently by the Management. The process is unfortunately not reversible and we thank you for the time you played with us.
For further information please refer to our terms and conditions. http://www.empirepoker.com/about_us/...formation.html

Harry
VIP Customer Support Team
www.empirepoker.com

e-mail # 2:

Excuse me ??

I have played at your site maybe 5 or 6 times total. What kind of "suspisious activity" could I have done ??

Is there a phone number that I can call to get some clarification on this "suspisious activity" rather then trusting a standard template e-mail responce ??

Great customer service by the way . . . not !!

Thanks

xxxx

No responce yet

E-mail #3:

I responded to this e-mail and as of yet have not had a response back from you.

I demand to know EXACTLY what "suspisious and wrongful actions" have occured with my account.

How the hell can you call yourselves "customer support" with such a horseshit e-mail template response like that when you are accusing a customer of doing something wrong.

I have one (and only one) account at Empire Poker. I deposit, play and then withdawl from your site. Does that constitute "suspisious and wrongful actions" ??

I sure hope this is a computer glitch and that you have some awesome "we are sorry we screwed up" response beacuse anything short of that would be a frickin joke.

Please get off your assses and get back to me ASAP.

Thank you

xxxx

No response yet.

I'll report back when I hear anything more

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] busguy
Old 05-06-2005, 06:21 PM

I don't think Empire could be handling this situation any worse. Other posters have said it on this thread-- if they didn't want people "abusing" the bonus, why not just offer account specific reloads (to award regulars) or 20x or 30x reload bonuses for everyonen (to make a guaranteed profit when bonuswhores play). There are MUCH better ways to handle this situation than banning accounts at will without explanation. The other major sites have to be loving this clusterf**k.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think Empire could be handling this situation any worse. Other posters have said it on this thread-- if they didn't want people "abusing" the bonus, why not just offer account specific reloads (to award regulars) or 20x or 30x reload bonuses for everyonen (to make a guaranteed profit when bonuswhores play). There are MUCH better ways to handle this situation than banning accounts at will without explanation. The other major sites have to be loving this clusterf**k.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't disagree they handled this poorly. I just doubt they care. So they have banned a subset of players that leech off of them in two ways, by making more in bonus than rake and by getting other player's money before they can rake it off. Those are not the players they make money off of and the vast majority of them will never hear about this let along think it could happen to them.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:28 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

Your story is mine, word by word, letter by letter.
They are sending form e-mails to everyone...
IDIOTS! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2005, 06:30 PM

Just wondering about the word on the account balances of all the people that had their accounts closed.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:31 PM

Wait, why is Empire wrong for not allowing people who only play for the bonuses once a month (which are -EV for the site if you leave right after)? As long as they don't prevent you from cashing out iI don't see the problem with it.