Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 04:07 AM

Default Re: Rough Ride with the Ladies in a $215

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah but cmon, if hes any good, he understands that most people at the table arent huge morons. When someone has 650 chips and they reraise to like 350, then we know they have something. I would NEVER make any other raise in that spot with any hand that Im going to play, aside from moving allin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree with this. At the $215 level i think people know better than to make a bet this fishy. Not that they wont, i just wouldnt count out AA/KK because they didnt bet big enough.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I am shown either of those cases, I insta-call.

[/ QUOTE ]Would instacall in a two-way pot with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] against A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]? I can see that you have more implied odds in the three-way case since you're wagering 1/3 of the pot instead of 1/2, plus there's the considerations that come from busting two players out instead of just one and attaining a huge stack but an underdog is still an underdog and I'd rather get my money in as an odds-on favorite to win or at worst a coin flip.

It's way early. And as said, this was the BEST we were hoping for.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:09 AM

I dont think so. Its too transparent.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's way early. And as said, this was the BEST we were hoping for.

[/ QUOTE ]

IF UTG calls.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are better case scenerios.

vs. JJ and TT you are 67.5% (not even terribly unlikely)
vs. JJ and JJ you are 96%

[/ QUOTE ]In a 215 people are making over 4BB raises UTG and being pushed by UTG+1 with such meager holdings? Sorry, but even in the donk-laden small levels I play at, I fold these Queens and only regret that I had them at such a bad time.

I would push if it were a freeroll, however. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2005, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IF UTG calls.

[/ QUOTE ]We have been over all of the "ifs." A lot of "ifs" have to come together here to make a push make sense, more than I am comfortable with at this stage of the tournament.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah but cmon, if hes any good, he understands that most people at the table arent huge morons. When someone has 650 chips and they reraise to like 350, then we know they have something. I would NEVER make any other raise in that spot with any hand that Im going to play, aside from moving allin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree with this. At the $215 level i think people know better than to make a bet this fishy. Not that they wont, i just wouldnt count out AA/KK because they didnt bet big enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah of course there are some players here who would raise less with AA/KK, but I think its pretty stupid. Especially since you play with the same players often, and thus everytime you just move allin in such spots they know its much less likely that you have AA-KK.

Bascially if the guy moved allin for 900, then Id think its a bit less likely he has AA-KK (Although I almost always just move allin for 900 with AA-KK in that spot). However when he has just 650, theres no way Im thinking that its very unlikely he has AA-KK
Old 08-08-2005, 04:17 AM

Default I have a confession to make...

For all of the posters (I think mostly Curtains) who said that UTG+1 probably wouldn't be dumb/fishy enough to raise less than all-in with AA or KK, I say that I would.

I would be fishy and dumb enough to raise to say, t300 with my Rockets.

Why not? Even if it's transparent to most, you aren't giving anyone the odds to hit a set on you, and what if you push? What hands will call your push but not your fishy raise?

I dunno, I agree it's transparent, but there are PLENTY of people who can talk themselves into calling when they probably shouldn't (read: me)
Old 08-08-2005, 04:17 AM

There wouldn't be anything donkish, IMHO, about either of them having JJ here.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:20 AM

Default Re: I have a confession to make...

I dunno, Im really not a huge fan. I play with the same players too often. Once they know Im capable of raising less in a spot like that with AA-KK, then they know for sure that everytime in the future when I move allin, im a bit less likely to have these hands. This does mean something. I want to move allin in these spots and show down AA-KK quite often.