Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 01:05 AM

Default Re: (Bluff)raise this river?

He'd probably fold QQ, but I dont think raising to eliminate just one relatively unlikely hand is called for here.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I push preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
The call is a no-brainer. But I'm curious as to your thought behind pushing pre-flop. The OP mentions that he has open *limped* with a weak hand. But there was never a mention about mini-raising from EP, which is often a pretty strong hand in online MTTs.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:23 AM

if you call with your stack size you are almost always going broke to a bigger pair on an undercard flop anyway. so if you ever fold the best hand when overcards hit you are losing a lot. For example folding on a Q high flop to AK, or even worse folding to 1010 when they fire on an AQx flop. Basically I think the chips you save the times you are behind and fold the flop are less than the chips you lose the times you fold the best hand.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you call with your stack size you are almost always going broke to a bigger pair on an undercard flop anyway. so if you ever fold the best hand when overcards hit you are losing a lot. For example folding on a Q high flop to AK, or even worse folding to 1010 when they fire on an AQx flop. Basically I think the chips you save the times you are behind and fold the flop are less than the chips you lose the times you fold the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ahhh. Gotcha. Thanks. And this is consistent with Harrington's discussion around a small "M" (being shortstacked) and needed to play your big pairs and big Aces much more aggressively.