Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-28-2005, 11:57 AM

Default Re: OT: HOW can i prove i\'m not a BOT???

There have been bots on Party after Saabpo. I got four accounts closed by reporting them some while ago.

Now I haven't played enough against juicy to have any opinion on the shadyness of his play. The sheer volume needed to be played to end up first in the leaderboard is odd of course.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got four accounts closed by reporting them some while ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just exactly what do you use as your tell tale sign of boticity?
Old 11-28-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got four accounts closed by reporting them some while ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just exactly what do you use as your tell tale sign of boticity?

[/ QUOTE ]

Same locaction, same time for each action, only push/fold from level one, playing pretty much 24h/day from what I could tell. Pretty amateurish stuff.

Anyway, after a while I reported them/him to Party who monitored him for a while and then all four accounts were gone without ever coming back. So I assumed Party banned them/him.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There have been bots on Party after Saabpo. I got four accounts closed by reporting them some while ago.

Now I haven't played enough against juicy to have any opinion on the shadyness of his play. The sheer volume needed to be played to end up first in the leaderboard is odd of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually play the 33s, but for a few days had to drop down to the 22s. Although I don't care too much for seat selection in 22s, I noticed Juicy so made sure to sit to his right on multiple tables in the same set. I wondered how long it would take for him to adjust to the same player pushing into him on multiple tables, but he would only call pushes with good hands. I probably sat to his right on 6 tables in the period of a couple hours and he didn't seem to adjust to me. This doesn't prove he is a bot, but I expected him to adjust.

I couldn't imagine a single person playing 9-10 hours per day for 31 straight days.

[Edit]I can't remember if the amount of time his actions took varied.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:44 PM

moral of the story: put most of your br in an ing savings account; u can instantly transfer it to your online roll, so no point in holding more than u need in a few hours of running poorly...u'll get interest AND protection from party seizing your funds
Old 11-28-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
moral of the story: put most of your br in an ing savings account; u can instantly transfer it to your online roll, so no point in holding more than u need in a few hours of running poorly...u'll get interest AND protection from party seizing your funds

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the real moral of the story is play honest and don't try to cheat the system and you'll be fine. The savings account thing is a good lesson though. $15k in an account for a $22 player is ridiculous. $2200 is about the max you should need, unless you are a bot and want the extra cushion.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:58 PM

we don't know if he's using a bot or not

but we do know that nobody should be keeping 15k in an online br getting no interest
Old 11-28-2005, 04:33 PM

well the money had only been in there for a month. but anyway, yeah i am 100 % telling the truth when i say i've never used a Bot. bmxreed36 and i played on this account all last month and the second and third week of this month, alternating hours too keep the account going to accumulate TLB points. so thats it. i'm [censored].
Old 11-28-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bmxreed36 and i played on this account all last month and the second and third week of this month, alternating hours too keep the account going to accumulate TLB points. so thats it. i'm [censored].

[/ QUOTE ] Umm, not to piss in your cheerios but I am reasonbly sure I have mutliple instances of playing with you and him at same 800 chip table in the last 6 weeks. I don't think you account was a bot but well I think that's pretty shady.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bmxreed36 and i played on this account all last month and the second and third week of this month, alternating hours too keep the account going to accumulate TLB points. so thats it. i'm [censored].

[/ QUOTE ] Umm, not to piss in your cheerios but I am reasonbly sure I have mutliple instances of playing with you and him at same 800 chip table in the last 6 weeks. I don't think you account was a bot but well I think that's pretty shady.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with the above, if it's true, is quite shady. also, i think it's a dick move to try to win the TLB in that fashion.

c