Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Best Vegas Steak Dinner

I've eaten the rib steak at the original Delmonico's in NO, and while it was good, it was not great. Is the Vegas chapter better? The chips topped with gruyere and truffle oil are definitely the [censored], though.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:26 PM

Did you mean the tropicana and not circus circus, or were you referring to a different post?

You cant beat Texas beef. You just can't. We breed the best cattle in this country.

Bob's Steak and Chop House- the highest rated steak house in the country. Dallas & Plano.

Tex
Old 11-23-2005, 06:27 PM

I concur. The steak there was excellent, and they even had a 10 oz Porter House special for 99 cents on Thursday nights when I was there last.

I know the guy said price is no option, but there is no way that any 30 dollar steak will be 6 times better than the steak at Ellis Island. In the restaurants you are paying for the atmosphere and the whole ambience of the meal.

But screw the ambience! Give me cheap delicious meat! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2005, 06:48 PM

I've eaten at some of the highly rated steak houses in Vegas, like Charlie Palmer's in the Four Seasons and some of the trendy places like 3950, but the two best steaks I've had are the filet at the Luxor steakhouse and the ribeye at A.J.'s at the Hard Rock.

I never would've guessed Luxor's steakhouse for being good, but I've been back several times and it's been excellent every time.... AJ's I was a little less surprised about but the steak has been consistently awesome there as well.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you want a really cool atmosphere (i.e. hot chicks EVERYWHERE), I would check out N9NE steakhous @ the Palms

[/ QUOTE ]

best steak ive ever had.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:28 PM

yes, the scenery at nine is the best of the steakhouses IME.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:37 PM

One place I wont recommend is the Corsa Cucina(sp?) in the Wynn, its being remodeled now, but I had a $72 Australian Kobe steak that I was told by the waiter I wouldnt need a knife to cut, and was thouroughly dissapointed to the point next time I went I got the $30 cheaper steak that was better by far.

Doesnt anyone like the cream corn at Lawrys on Flamingo, go there just for that!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2005, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a fat guy who loves to eat and want some OOT options as to a place to get a great steak dinner in vegas, money is no option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Option?
Old 11-23-2005, 08:45 PM

or opinions if i wasnt an idiot
Old 11-23-2005, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a fat guy who loves to eat and want some OOT "OPINIONS" as to a place to get a great steak dinner in vegas, money is no "RELAVANCE".

[/ QUOTE ]

Option?

[/ QUOTE ]