Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 09:44 PM

Default Re: full ring to six max adjustements

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont play shorthanded, and am not good at it, but Ill throw 3-4 points out.

1. Hands with QQxx KKxx become more valuable, because they can now effectivley thin the field.
2. You can come in with not so great low starting hands, you dont need A2. 3467 are quality hands now.
3. You dont have to play for the nuts. board comes 34T and you have A5, you should be more inclined to take a card off
4. Also, wouldnt most high hands decrease in value? I would think so, since they dont play well in shorthanded pots. When they do turn, its often the nuts, which is good enough to beat numerous people.

Once again, I dont play shorthanded.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter how many people are playing whether it be 2 or 11, 3467 will ALWAYS be junk. Please don't ever advise anyone otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

3467 2-handed is not junk. And I was never advising anyone to do anything. Re-read my post, troll.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. Hands with QQxx KKxx become more valuable, because they can now effectivley thin the field.
2. You can come in with not so great low starting hands, you dont need A2. 3467 are quality hands now.
3. You dont have to play for the nuts. board comes 34T and you have A5, you should be more inclined to take a card off
4. Also, wouldnt most high hands decrease in value? I would think so, since they dont play well in shorthanded pots. When they do turn, its often the nuts, which is good enough to beat numerous people.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter how many people are playing whether it be 2 or 11, 3467 will ALWAYS be junk. Please don't ever advise anyone otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

3467 2-handed is not junk. And I was never advising anyone to do anything. Re-read my post, troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is, it's a big bag of steaming junk. You're an idiot if you can't recoginise this.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is, it's a big bag of steaming junk. You're an idiot if you can't recoginise this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot for not being able to read my post.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I read what you wrote, you obviously think you didn't write it, maybe you should reread it, 3467 boy
Old 09-15-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I read what you wrote, you obviously think you didn't write it, maybe you should reread it, 3467 boy

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop it Graham Ribchester, you're hurting my feelings.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:19 PM

2 new rules for me at 1/2:

1. Raising to isolate or knock people out probally isn't a good idea at this stake since they're so loose. All I'm doing is getting more money in the pot with a 2way marginal hand etc.

2. Play straight forward and play it a little more like low limit full.

3. Looks like my big leak is overplaying AA for high and 2p. I loosened my high requirements too much and it looks like it's cost me big so far.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:09 AM

Since I've brought the rules in I'm hitting 11bb/100. Sure I'm running hot, but I think playing straight forward is probally the way to go at 1/2, at least for me.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:41 AM

J,

I understand what you are saying about the 1/2 short handed people seeing too many flops for a raise, but I think I would keep hammering them with the AA, KK, QQ hands. Ideally I'd still like a little bit of a low (just in case). Even if its 4 6 or something like that.

If the bank roll permits....try it up higher at 2/4 and 3/6. There are actually people up here who can fold.

Dave
Old 09-16-2005, 10:05 AM

J, I understand at 1/2 too many people will call raises preflop. This is also the case at higher limits. It is almost impossible to isolate a poor player with a raise preflop even at 5/10.

With this in mind do not ease up on your starting hands too much because you still have to showdown a winner. High pairs other than aces are just not great hands and I will not play them without something else going for them.

If you find a tighter table where you are able to isolate the high pairs become much more valuable.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:06 AM

Heh, you both started off by saying 'J, I understand..."

"With this in mind do not ease up on your starting hands too much because you still have to showdown a winner."

Being loose isn't a problem I'll have. I'm definately on the tight end of the scale, at around 25% VPIP, so I can afford to loosen up more particuarly on the button.

"High pairs other than aces are just not great hands and I will not play them without something else going for them."

I've been playing them when they have had 2 wheel cards or 2 high cards.

Most of my losses from big pairs seem to have come from aces not containing a wheel card, and most of it from the blinds. I've also done well since I stopped trying to isolate with aces (I think this was the problem). I've actually done very well in general since I stopped all the aggressive isolation/promo-raise moves.