Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 06:12 AM

Default Re: Mod list?

SMET: Stock Market, Employment and Taxes?
Old 12-03-2005, 12:18 PM

I agree there are tons of questions on taxes, but I dont' think they should be in the Stock Market forum at all. That forum has very little poker content, and if you make it about taxes you will have tons of people in there just asking about how they pay/avoid taxes on their poker winnings. I just don't think taxes has a place in that forum unless it is a tax issue involving investments.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:05 PM

One forum in this board is going to be bombarded by tax questions. That forum is either the zoo, or the stock market. Personally, I like putting it in Stock Market to free up the zoo.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:21 PM

I agree.

There are numerous posts about tax in the Zoo, and they quickly get lost amongst all the other interesting topics that are broached.

If they were posted instead in SMET it wouldn't take the SMET Moderator long to gather up a good tax sticky with appropriate links, which would reduce the tax post traffic both quickly and substantially, imo.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:20 PM

That (a good sticky) can be done in the zoo. There aren't any good posts in the zoo anyway so please keep them out of the stock forum.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One forum in this board is going to be bombarded by tax questions. That forum is either the zoo, or the stock market. Personally, I like putting it in Stock Market to free up the zoo.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was my initial logic behind making an entirely new forum seperate from SM regarding other financial matters. However, as much as I would hate to drive away (or piss off) SM regulars, but I think expanding SM is probably the best thing to do.

I do think the this new combined forum could avoid being bombarded with the same tired tax questions if there was a sticky explaining protocol for such questions combined with good moderation (and locking threads liberally). Hopefully this would keep some regulars around and make for a good and informative forum. I really think such a forum is needed on 2p2. Badly.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That (a good sticky) can be done in the zoo. There aren't any good posts in the zoo anyway so please keep them out of the stock forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although we in the UK don't have to pay tax on poker winnings, I can see that it should be a most important topic to every single winning US poker player, internet or bricks & mortar, in these forums, and to suggest on the one hand that the Zoo,(Internet Gambling Forum), is the place for tax queries, suggestions and recommendations, and then on the other hand to state that there aren't any good posts in the Zoo doesn't make any sense at all.

"Good posters", like yourself, probably don't even visit the Zoo for the light amusement it provides its regulars, so a Tax Sticky in the Zoo is bordering on pointless.

There has been much discussion in this forum as to how readers should be able to look at the title of a forum and know what they can expect to see in that forum.

SMET will be an exact and obvious description.

However, if Mat changes the Zoo's title to "Internet Gambling and Tax", then of course my argument founders, and a Tax Sticky there shall be.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There aren't any good posts in the zoo anyway...

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey! I'm a zoo regular and totally resemble that remark! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2005, 12:49 AM

A reasonable majority of Zoo posters prefer SMET to IGT.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A reasonable majority of Zoo posters prefer SMET to IGT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tax queries, etc., should be posted in:
Users may choose only one (112 total votes)
SMET
49 44%

Zoo
41 37%

Somewhere else
22 20%

Your data is inconclusive. Also, you should prob check with the stock market forums first before dumping it in their forum.

edit:

calling the results after 49 minutes was pretty iffy as well.