Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 08:27 AM

Default 20/40 Live HU with Fish

The game is 4-handed with one tricky/aggro, one tight/abc and a fish. I'm stuck about a rack but fish refuses to leave with chips so I'm staying. Fish calls on button (his stats would be something like 80/1/1). I complete in SB with:
T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Tight/ABC BB checks
Flop is:
T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I bet, BB folds, fish raises, I 3-bet, fish 4-bets, I 5-bet, fish 6-bets, I call.
Turn is:
K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I check/call
River is:
2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I check/call.
Your thoughts?
Old 09-18-2005, 09:06 AM

Default Re: 20/40 Live HU with Fish

[ QUOTE ]
The game is 4-handed with one tricky/aggro, one tight/abc and a fish. I'm stuck about a rack but fish refuses to leave with chips so I'm staying. Fish calls on button (his stats would be something like 80/1/1). I complete in SB with:
T 8
Tight/ABC BB checks
Flop is:
T 8 4
I bet, BB folds, fish raises, I 3-bet, fish 4-bets, I 5-bet, fish 6-bets, I call.
Turn is:
K
I check/call
River is:
I check/call.
Your thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

if by fish you mean loose/passive, then i'd just call down after he 4bets the flop. does he have a history of going to war like this with just 1 pair?

i dunno man, this looks like a good way to get stuck another rack.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:28 AM

Thanks for the reply! Nobody's responding much to this post so let me start by saying I think I should have 7-bet thus flop. This is because this type of player (and I've played with MANY of them) will rarey put in this many bets with just a draw. If I thought he could have jd9d or 7d6d, I probably would have waited until the turn to stick in more money. Furthermore, fishes like these would nearly always wait until the turn to raise with a set. They also do goofy stuff like limp with big pairs, way overplay tptk, and play stuff like 84, T4, T8. But I'm not happy with my turn and river play either.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:03 AM

i dunno why you posted this hand then. if it's a read based play and you went with your read and won, then nice hand. i don't know what else to say. i will tell you that just saying "fish" doesn't really give any info about how he plays. there are all types of fish and they all play differently.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:32 AM

I lost the hand and felt really dumb for calling the river. He showed red aces. I think I have to 7bet flop and lead all the way and fold to river raise in retrospect...just wondering if anybody else thought so too
Old 09-18-2005, 10:36 AM

i think you might be being results oriented here. going 6 bets on the flop seems like enough to me.

i didn't even notice the river, i think you can bet/fold there.