Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 11:22 PM

Default Re: Am i too good?

we play $5 with .05/.10 blinds, your game sounds like it's made for insane action with the blinds that high and the buyin that small...
Old 08-10-2005, 12:12 AM

there is alot of action, people buy in 10 usually thats what i buy in sometimes but not when im the only one which it has been lately, at this other place we do the same thing but everyone usually gets 20 and the action is really good we have had 30 people in the game already with a 1,000+ pot biggest ive ever seen at .25/.50
Old 08-10-2005, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive been playing probably 4 times a week since summer vacation started

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]
i consider like 200 live sessions a little more than a few

[/ QUOTE ]You guys have a REALLY long summer vacation. Oh, unless you're lying about the quantity.

I'm sure you're better than your buddies. I don't get the impression that this is especially difficult. WHat I don't think you understand is the variance associated with the game. Good players win a little more when they win, and lose a little less when they lose. That's about it. It's hard to "destroy" a game.

Bad players get great cards just about as often as you do. It's hard to beat great cards.
-Sam
Old 08-10-2005, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well... i consider like 200 live sessions a little more than a few, I cant really put this one kid on a type, he can raise with anything in the blinds or out of postion but then he plays monsters the same way, also i cant get a good tell on him, most of the other plays are straight forward but I lose big pots on outdraws in multi-way pots some popular maniac tells would be good, it seems like once i lose a big pot early i cant ever recover even if i buy back in ?

[/ QUOTE ]

i've played against this exact type of player. the key is not to make your stand on one hand, but make several decisions on several hands. call down when you have something -- don't try to bully him out. also, with a monster induce betting anyway you can (ie. act weak... it works against fish; make sad noises, act reluctant on bets, slowplay, etc.) keep playing this kid, eventually you'll break him and have a huge payday, as i did.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I get drawn out very very often, KK to 45o, AA to 72h...its as if they dont realize that i im tight and call eveerything, i do play suited connects but never hit

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAAAAAA?!?!?!
Old 08-10-2005, 07:36 AM

200 live sessions is not even "a few."

Buy some books and read.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:38 AM

Without reading your post, no.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:45 PM

WTF??? Are you f'ing kidding me??? We both not only have the same topic, but we have similar names!!! OMG Jesus F'ing Christ what are the odds of that? I came here for the first time and just as I finish a post I find myself a clone poster. WOW!!!!11!
Old 08-10-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF??? Are you f'ing kidding me??? We both not only have the same topic, but we have similar names!!! OMG Jesus F'ing Christ what are the odds of that? I came here for the first time and just as I finish a post I find myself a clone poster. WOW!!!!11!

[/ QUOTE ]

you guys should play heads-up.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:53 PM

Default \"You\'re....

"... too sexy for this forum, too sexy for this forum, so you just go and BORE 'EM!"