Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should this tool be banned?
Yes 33 80.49%
Yes 8 19.51%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: To cheat or not to cheat?

how are you gonna care anyway if you don't find out about it?

Thus, "I couldn't care less."

GoT
Old 02-01-2005, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

"i couldn't care less" just means "i don't care at all," no?

i'm not saying he has to care, i'm saying there's no point in saying you don't care about things "provided you never know about them," because nobody cares about things they know nothing about anyway.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:26 PM

Let me preface this by saying I have never cheated on a GF, and have never been married...

However, being the heathen atheist that I am, I am inclined to believe that it is biologically natural for male animals to "cheat". We are, at the end of the day, just animals (who nevertheless think we are special because we have computers, cars, rule of law, etc) however, societal norms and some degree of evolution of thought has indeed occurred, so now "cheating" is considered wrong. Yet, a large proportion of the population does so.

If you study groups of apes, chimpanzees, and other humanoid animals (not sure if thats the right term scientifically) youll see that the males are naturally inclined to have sex with as many females as possible. Its silly to think [censored] sapiens are built any differently at a base level, meaning our DNA or genetics or whatever give us the same tendencies. In groups of animals, the females just accept it, and carry on making babies to further your species existence.

Anyway, this is what I think, btw, I answered No.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

"i couldn't care less" just means "i don't care at all," no?

i'm not saying he has to care, i'm saying there's no point in saying you don't care about things "provided you never know about them," because nobody cares about things they know nothing about anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey I got an idea, let's not argue semantics. That will be fun.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:21 AM

how about if your wife caught you glancing at a smoking hot woman and said "it's ok if you want to have sex with her tonight. go for it, and we'll never speak of it again"
Old 02-03-2005, 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I answered yes. And honestly, if my wife did this, I couldn't care less provided I never find out about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a reply to "Catch of the Day" who proposed to think of the reverse situation.

Of course you are right that I cannot care if I do not even know. But there is more to it:

I just reversed the situation. If I "cheated" (I am not looking for it but it could happen given the right situation) my wife wouldn't find out (that was the proposition of the poll) and one of the reasons would be because I still love her as much as before and nothing would change.

Now, if my wife did that and I wouldn't notice that would also mean that she still loves me as much as before and nothing changed.

Thus, I do not worry about my wife cheating in the sense of the poll's proposition. And that was the reply to "Catch of the Day".
Old 02-03-2005, 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how about if your wife caught you glancing at a smoking hot woman and said "it's ok if you want to have sex with her tonight. go for it, and we'll never speak of it again"

[/ QUOTE ]

So, scar your wife emotionally for life, or don't?

~D
Old 02-03-2005, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This was a reply to "Catch of the Day" who proposed to think of the reverse situation. And that was the reply to "Catch of the Day".

[/ QUOTE ]

uh... i dont know if this is worth bothering with but i can't see what gave you the impression that i didn't know you were replying to catchoftheday.

[ QUOTE ]
my wife wouldn't find out (that was the proposition of the poll) and one of the reasons would be because I still love her as much as before and nothing would change.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? the only reason your wife wouldn't find out is because that's one of the stipulations of the question. if there were a chance you'd stop loving her or whatever and she would figure it out somehow, you wouldn't be able to cheat in the first place.

[ QUOTE ]
Now, if my wife did that and I wouldn't notice that would also mean that she still loves me as much as before and nothing changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok so you're still saying as long as nothing changes and you don't notice, you don't care.

some people would take a wife's cheating as a sign of a problem, not the beginning of one.

so if i came to you and said that your wife was offered this choice, you would be able to assume that either she didn't cheat or she cheated and still "loves" you as much as before. so if i ask you if you want to know which it was, you tell me no?
Old 02-04-2005, 04:20 AM

Reading your post it appears to me that my English is probably not good enough to express myself clearly. Since this does not seem likely to change within the next posts a further exchange of opinions on that subject seems to be pointless. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2005, 01:07 PM

These same animals also don't derive pleasure from sex. Your point is dead.