Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Female/date advice (high content)

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, if you haven't had a first date yet, I would go casual. Save the classy for the third date (but don't try and to get into her pants the first time you pay for an expensive dinner).

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not kosher unless its the second expensive dinner.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:23 AM

I don't understand why everybody is worried about telling friends they play poker, if you're successful at it and you love doing it let her know...I've seen enough boy meets world to know you don't want to kick off a relationship with a lie.

you can wear the party poker hat to 'cap' it off(the pun...) and if she doesn't like the idea smack her with a grand and move on.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:46 AM

Default update#1

Date doesn't happen till next week. I just got my wisdom teeth taken out. I'll let everyone know what happens.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: update#1

Perfect, so you'll look like chipmunk for your big date.

Hopefully the swelling will go down by then
Old 09-29-2005, 09:14 AM

Default Re: update#1

Ha,

The swelling has gone down. I'll be ok thanks.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Results

We went out. Dinner was good, Kennedy center rooftop was good, the hook up was good.

We head back to her apartment and guess who was sitting on the couch watching tv? One of her "best friends" who I hooked up with. Needless to say it didn't go very well after that. Jen flipped out at Merideth exclaiming that she couldn't believe she would go out with me and there was a big scene. So I left, and she called me on the way home saying it wasn't going to work out and that she was really unhappy about this.On a side note-watching two girls argue about you is pretty cool!

We have talked a couple times on the phone since then but talk about a big dissapointment.

Well at least I got to make it out with her. It just sucks cause there was some real chemistry.

As for the original reason of the post I told her that I played for a living. I mean she pretty much asked me what I was doing in Vegas for a year and I told her pretty much the total truth. The ups and downs so forth. She seemed pretty interested but I think that was just because she had recently taken up on the game. It took up a major part of the dinner conversation.

Eh, what can yah do.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:08 PM

No, i think i know merideth. I went to UMD to. But why not. And yes you are trying to get in there that is the ultimate goal always.....
Old 10-07-2005, 08:27 PM

(Didn't read the whole thread)

[ QUOTE ]
I instant messaged her and said whats up basicly I was coming into town yada yada yada and do you want to get together and she said yes. SWEET!

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure she's thinking of this as 'a date'?
Do you think there's some chance that you'll 'get together' and she'll just think she's 'getting together' with an old friend of hers?

(and then go into telling you about her great boyfriend of the past 18 months or something like that??)

You're kind of rushing ahead here with this whole huge date 'play' imo sweeping all over town and what-not.

I'm all big for romance as well as long-term crushes/loves and so forth....but you haven't seen her for 18 months so a date this big has definite potential to successfully weird-her-out a bit (although that could actually work too...women are weird sometimes).

My other bits of advice:
1. Dating female sports-reporters can be a bit trying. They're good looking and are CONSTANTLY getting hit on by other broadcasters as well as the athletes.
Obviously good looking girls get hit-on a lot anyway.

There are some definite ego-issues that can become involved.

2. I know she's great and all that. But don't fall into the trap that you somehow 'missed out' or that she is really the 'only one' or 'the very best' for you.
First - it will make you seem desperate.
Second - it just isn't true.
If it doesn't work with this girl there are certainly other girls out there who are worth your time and efforts.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:27 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
She seemed pretty interested but I think that was just because she had recently taken up on the game. It took up a major part of the dinner conversation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't help but wonder what she will be thinking of you, if she stumbles onto this thread [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2005, 02:34 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She seemed pretty interested but I think that was just because she had recently taken up on the game. It took up a major part of the dinner conversation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't help but wonder what she will be thinking of you, if she stumbles onto this thread [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

All hell will break lose when she posts their AIM conversation and we discover her blog