Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2004, 05:19 AM

Default Comps for middle limit poker in Vegas

Which Vegas poker room has the best comp program for middle limit players? Here's what I know so far:
Mirage: not much beyond food coupon
Bellagio: about the same as Mirage
Orleans: $1.50 an hour for 1st 4 hours... but how often do they spread 10/20 and higher?
Golden Nugget: no clue.

Can anybody help me fill in the blanks... Thanks in advance
Old 11-27-2004, 11:11 PM

Default shameless bump

n/t
Old 11-28-2004, 01:17 AM

Default Re: shameless bump

Go check out...
Allvegaspoker.com
They have a ton of info on rooms.
Old 11-28-2004, 01:30 AM

Default Re: shameless bump

Yes, it's a good site... but they don't have any info on the comps at Binion's and the Nugget... I've only been to the Orleans once, and they weren't spreading anything higher than 4/8, so I'd like to know how often the 10/20 actually goes.
Old 11-28-2004, 03:14 AM

Default Re: Comps for middle limit poker in Vegas

Hi Billy:

There's really only two places in town that offer middler limit poker, that is $10-$20 and above -- The Mirage and The Bellagio, and you have them covered.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 11-28-2004, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's really only two places in town that offer middler limit poker, that is $10-$20 and above

[/ QUOTE ]

The other places that claim to offer 10/20 up are not reliabe, especially for weekday games. It's not really the fault of the poker rooms -- many would be delighted to spread higher limit games. Rather, it's simply a lack of interested players at the higher limits.

Right now, Bellagio, and to a lesser extent, Mirage, really have a corner on the higher limit poker market in Vegas.
Old 11-28-2004, 04:08 PM

[quoteThe other places that claim to offer 10/20 up are not reliabe, especially for weekday games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aint that the truth? Mandalay Bay has it on their website and I tried to sign up 2 weekends ago to play and their reaction was...10 what? 20? Oh we haven't spread that in months! I even asked why it was on their website and said that is why I chose to come to their hotel and they did not have any answer.

As for the Orleans, the past few weekends and even during the weedays there have been no limit games. They spread 10/20 every day and usually have enough of a list around 10/11am to start up the game and usually goes till 3-5am. You will not find anything higher there.

Bellagio and the Mirage run the most conistant 10/20 and above. Although one of the floors at the Aladdin told me that if they get an interest list, they'll spread just about anything. So I asked..and he said they had a 5/10 game going this past weekend. I had to find out, so I asked about razz, he said they had dealers that knew the game, get 5 more people and we'll spread it for ya!