Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 07:22 PM

Default By Hooks or by crook

UTG is retarted preflop 63/35 and alot more passive/abc postflop

MP is too loose preflop 47/21 but ok postflop

Button is tag pre and postflop 25/19

Comments?

Who calls this turn. If you do whats your river plan for both an A or a blank.

5/10 Prima

I'm dealt J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the SB.

UTG raises, MP reraises, CO folds, button caps. I cold call all in the SB, BB folds and everyone else calls. 4 to the flop for 16SB.

flop: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

all check to the button who bets. I raise (mistake?), everyone calls.

4 to the turn - 12.5 BB's
turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, UTG checks, MP bets, button calls, I fold
Old 12-16-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: By Hooks or by crook

Why not fold preflop? Putting in four bets preflop to win 12 is awful and you have tons to make up postflop when you flop a set; I suspect if you don't flop a set you're going to end up losing money even in these situations where you catch "good" flops with no overcards, because with 3 raises even against two rotten players there's a good chance there's a bigger pocket out there.

Call me weak/tight but I think I fold AKo and JJ in this spot in the SB. If another player was in I'd be OK with it.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:35 PM

bet the turn please.

Hmmm, upon further review, I need further review.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:19 PM

Given that your hand is undefined defined, I would bet the turn. You are lost, but so are they.

After your turn bet, the island will tell you what you are to do.

If they all call, I would think about what I'm going to do if a polar bear comes on the river.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not fold preflop? Putting in four bets preflop to win 12 is awful and you have tons to make up postflop when you flop a set; I suspect if you don't flop a set you're going to end up losing money even in these situations where you catch "good" flops with no overcards, because with 3 raises even against two rotten players there's a good chance there's a bigger pocket out there.

Call me weak/tight but I think I fold AKo and JJ in this spot in the SB. If another player was in I'd be OK with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are ignoring the reads on 2 of the 3 opponents. Folding JJ here PF is ridiculous. Even if the Tag has us beat PF, the donks are putting in lots of extra bets that significantly improve our implied odds. I think the flop raise is fine, it is most likely for value and if it pushes out an opponent or two, all the better.

I would just call down the turn. You really have no idea where you stand in this hand and can't fold, but you don't want to be spewing chips if you are behind. Just get to showdown as cheaply as possible unless a J falls.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:46 AM

PF fine.
bet the call then we can see what we see.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:50 AM

I'm folding this preflop. The tight-tags cap is strong. It might be AK, but it's usually a pair, and only pairs >TT.

Throw into the mix that you're OOP against guys who can play decent postflop and I'm dropping it without looking back. If we had the button here I can see a case for calling.