Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 08:17 AM

Default Someone sold Beer to a Minor.

Yah, thats not the bad part. In our state we get a 2000$ fine for selling beer to an underage person. The #hit part of this story is that the minor who bought beer got into a major accident and seriously injured someone. The person who got injured by the accident is suing the store I work for and the minor. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I have no idea who the person is that sold the alcohol. But i feel worried as does most of the people i work with.

Does anyone know what might happen to the person who sold the alcohol or does anyone know the outcome of a similar case?

If you work in retail watch your @ss. Thats all i can tell you. Be safe and dont sell if your unsure.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:48 AM

Default Re: Someone sold Beer to a Minor.

I worked with a woman who served jail time because she supplied alcohol to a minor who then either died or killed someone else in a car crash (I don't remember which). I don't recall how much time - I'd be surprised if it was more than a year - but she did actually have to go to jail.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know what might happen to the person who sold the alcohol or does anyone know the outcome of a similar case?

[/ QUOTE ]

This will vary a ton depending on what state you live in and how good a lawyer you can afford.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:53 AM

Yep, someone has to be blamed for it. The kid is dead so now what do we do? We go after the liquor store. How many people do you know grow up saying they want to be a prosecutor when they grow up ? YEah, they aren't known for having the brightest people around.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:57 AM

I really doubt that the cashier who sold the alcohol will be in serious trouble. The victim is more likely to go after the store and not some cashier who probably has very little assets (in comparison).

If the cashier *knowingly* provided alcohol to the minor involved then that might be a different story.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This will vary a ton depending on what state you live in and how good a lawyer you can afford.

[/ QUOTE ]

True dat. If you are in the Bible Belt, you guys are fcuked.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:01 AM

Yep. I live in the Bible Belt. It's f'ing crazy over here. They arrest everyone and I mean everyone over here.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, someone has to be blamed for it. The kid is dead so now what do we do? We go after the liquor store. How many people do you know grow up saying they want to be a prosecutor when they grow up ? YEah, they aren't known for having the brightest people around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow, I doubt the prosecutor is involved in this, since the person is suing. It's a civil case, and you know some greasy lawyer is behind it, gonna sue everybody in sight so he can pull in his 40%.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yah, thats not the bad part. In our state we get a 2000$ fine for selling beer to an underage person. The #hit part of this story is that the minor who bought beer got into a major accident and seriously injured someone. The person who got injured by the accident is suing the store I work for and the minor. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I have no idea who the person is that sold the alcohol. But i feel worried as does most of the people i work with.

If you work in retail watch your @ss. Thats all i can tell you. Be safe and dont sell if your unsure.

[/ QUOTE ]

first of all, was it a gas station or restaurant from which the kid got the beer?

second of all, did the kid show an ID?

if you answered yes to both of those questions, just relax until you are pin pointed as the one who served the kid. Then, if you are picked, its going to cost you a grand or two (maybe three) to have a lawyer get you off.

I think its ludacris that bar tenders in restaurants are liable for little SHlTs coming in and buyin w/ a fake id and getin
Old 07-20-2005, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
YEah, they aren't known for having the brightest people around.

[/ QUOTE ]

And your post just reeks of brilliance.