Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2004, 09:24 AM

Default Re: Give Arieh a Break

Sometimes, in life, there are things that are not so cut-and-dried. Nuance, esoteria, and circumstance can often create a situation where that which is ostensible is not at all a reality. In fact, sometimes, what is, on its face, true, can surprisingly reveal itself to be diametrically the opposite, or false.

This is not one of those times.

Guy's a classless jerkoff.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:25 AM

He's a c*ck squeeze.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:21 AM

True. The check in the dark makes it a worse play with 55.

Ken
Old 09-15-2004, 10:29 AM

I already fell for his apology on RGP, it will not happen again. The guy has absolutely no class and comes off looking like a damn fool on TV. He is the bazarro Greg Raymer, Raymer is a guy with pure class.
Arieh is a putz.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are being too nice, Arieh thinks WAY too much of himself. They should call him Hellmuth Jr.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think maybe you mean "Hellmuth III" as the Phil you are thinking of is Junior. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2004, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes, in life, there are things that are not so cut-and-dried. Nuance, esoteria, and circumstance can often create a situation where that which is ostensible is not at all a reality. In fact, sometimes, what is, on its face, true, can surprisingly reveal itself to be diametrically the opposite, or false.

This is not one of those times.

Guy's a classless jerkoff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice one, I totally agree. As a University of Texas grad it pisses me off that he was wearing a Longhorn hat in the early episodes. Doesn't really help the stereotype that we're a bunch of arrogant pricks.

And happy birthday to Joe Tall.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:41 AM

I think he also said that he was the best player on the table and will get all the chips. I can't imagine how he would have been if he won the whole thing. Phil Helmuth may become modest compared to Arieh.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When you play an aggressive style like Arieh does I don't think you can really be surprised when people call you with a little bit less than premium, but still good holdings.

Perhaps if Dan Harrington had come over the top of David's 55 he might have reconsidered calling given Dan's tight image.

If he wants to act like an a-hole about it then thats his business and he can deal with the consequences. (IE-people's perception of him.)

-Jarid

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a good point. Players like Arieh and Helmuth, seem to think that they can run over a table with impunity, but then are suprised when people relax their calling standards against them. When actually that is the effect they should want, so they can get action on their big hands. What these guys lose sight of, in the heat of the moment, is that their observant opponents have been watching them steal ants and blinds for the last hour or so, so there is some serious consideration to be given to calling a raise with a hand that normally you would not against an average opponent.

For instance, I think the reason Gus Hansen is doing so well on the PSI, is that he has these guys ready to call his raises with any legitimate hand.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he also said that he was the best player on the table and will get all the chips. I can't imagine how he would have been if he won the whole thing. Phil Helmuth may become modest compared to Arieh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I hope Arieh doesn't become as good as Phil, because I can't stand watching Josh, he is absolutely unbearable.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:31 AM

Strictly in terms of his attitude; his comments remind me an awful lot of the same idiots I see coaching at Party 2/4 and 10+1 NL tournaments.

He'll always be a better poker player than me (and many others)...but he's still an ass.