Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: so many regular 2+2 posters

It’s a proven fact that fish do not understand sarcasm, they truly believe you are congratulating their masterful play. The reverse is also true, if you don't understand sarcasm, you are a fish.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:05 PM

well, i'm guilty of sometimes berating blind stealers when they get knocked out.

this only happens when he constantly steals *MY* blind. and it doesnt matter who knocks him out.

and i make even more fun of him when he gets knocked out because the opponent sucked out.

I know it's bad, but it feels SO GOOD berating a constant blind stealer as he leaves the table. (See my post about mental heath.)
Old 07-24-2005, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well, i'm guilty of sometimes berating blind stealers when they get knocked out.

this only happens when he constantly steals *MY* blind. and it doesnt matter who knocks him out.

and i make even more fun of him when he gets knocked out because the opponent sucked out.

I know it's bad, but it feels SO GOOD berating a constant blind stealer as he leaves the table. (See my post about mental heath.)

[/ QUOTE ]

God, you would hate me at your table.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nah, raptor's hangin with the girly. Does sound like dali..

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. It TOTALLY sounds like me.

Stupid fukin' Dali. QUIT BERATING THE PEOPLE WHO PAY YOUR BILLS! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2005, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose I am just an insecure kid that gets saddened any time he loses over 3k in a day or to 15 3 outers in a row...intodays case, it was both. Plus, they all were really nice fishes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be a tool. Be nice to the fish. You want them coming back. You also don't want them to be intimidated by you. This should all be rather obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. True. True. False. True
Old 07-24-2005, 04:56 AM

Default I used to be a good loser until ...

I saw a very well respected 2+2er berate the hell outta this guy in a mtt. I was like hey, he's good I'm gonna be lik him and explode every time I get unlucky against a bad play. So I started berating. Then I just felt bad about it, and I rediscoverded all the other reasons why it's bad to discourage bad players from coming back so I stopped the berate parade. This post should really help the cause as a very well respeted poster has hopefully set a very good example.

NH curtains, you fish!
Old 07-24-2005, 10:13 AM

I think also you have a Gothenburg in Nebraska
Old 07-28-2005, 03:24 PM

The beauty of nice call is that the other person really cant tell if your sarcastic or not, and as you mentioned they may just think your serious and my continue to donk it up. Nice result makes it clear that you think they made a mistake.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I the only one that picks a fight with the instigator when this happen? If some fish makes a loose call and sucks out on some sap who then starts berating the fish, about 80% of the time if he doesnt shut up soon I pick a fight with him. Partly to distract the fish and stick up for him (you are such an idiot, he made a great call).. and partly cuz I just hate nits..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes I do also, it depends

[/ QUOTE ]

I am doing this whenever I have time. I will usually call the instigator a classless punk several times and instruct him to take a beat like a man and quit being a baby. Usually the instigator is the type to play very weakly when the stacks get shallow so you can take his blind with all kinds of cheese. If he calls you and your 57o beats his AQs, be sure to immediately type "ship it".
Old 07-28-2005, 04:23 PM

Agreed. I think whoever does this needs to go the opposite route:

Say "good game, and good luck" and then fire up another SnG. I've seen people I play with react nicely to me and once in a while let me steal off of them because I was nice. (it's happened twice but it was nice) Don't mention 2+2, don't teach them how to play, be nice, don't be sarcastic and wish them luck. They are having fun, let them have it.