Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2004, 02:03 AM

Default Re: Worst Beat Ever!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
One night I was drunk and went to get some Taco Bell and they had closed early. Now that's a bad beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me of a time I went to get Jack in a Box with my friend Dan, an Irishman living with us for the summer in Isla Vista. So I arrived there at a time when it was usually open, and the bastards had a little piece of paper over the drive thru speaker saying they were closed due to renovations or some lame ass shiet. Needless to say, I's a little disgruntled and had a serious case of beer munchies.

I remember saying something to the effect of, "I should pull a fuxxing donut in their parking lot!" And, to my surprise, the Irishman had never heard of a donut. After describing it to him, he knew what I was talking about but explained that he had never actually experienced one. So I pulled like 5 donuts in my rear-wheel drive Mazda 929 right there in front of the Jack in a Box drive thru, driving drunk at 2 in the morning. Good times.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:15 AM

I like to share my bad beat story as often as possible because I know they annoy people. There are, however, two things that set my story apart from most others.

The first is that it happened during my 2nd time ever playing poker outside of the confines of my appartment with my roomates. At the time, I did'nt even realize how bad of a beat it was. I mean, I figured it was some pretty bad luck, but I had no frame of reference. I just remember that all of the old men at the table were making a much bigger deal about the whole thing than I was.

The other funny thing about the hand, is that my opponent, with whom I was heads up at the time, flashed me and the rest of the table, his 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the
2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] board, as he raised my bet. I'm not exactly sure what his purpose was. But, he was a good player, surely recognizing me as the noobie fish that I was at the time and was probably just having a little fun with me. I of course didn't take much notice because I was too busy checking back at my cards to make sure that I did in fact have the other two deuces as my hole cards. I threw in a 3-bet and he calls. I let you guess what fell on the river, but I will tell you that, yes, I lost the hand. At least I didn't lose any more bets on the river.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:21 AM

No,

A bad beat is where the SuperSonics actually win the NBA title... that's a bad beat!!!!

PWNNNNNEEEDDDD!!!

Lawrence
Old 12-22-2004, 02:27 AM

The won it once in the 70's [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 12-22-2004, 06:20 AM

Heard a new band at the Horseshoe in Tunica the other night. They had a new drummer, didn't know the songs. Very bad beat.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the Pstars PL MTT tourney tonight the following hand happened. I doubt anyone has had a beat this bad before, so I don't think anyone can relate, okay [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I am dealt pocket 6 UTG, I decided to limp in, gets folded to a LP idiot who raises to 135, everyone folds to me, I decided to smooth call. Flop is a rainbow T76 [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img], I check to the dipshit raiser. He raises to about 400, and then I move all in. He Insta-Calls(uh-oh!) with .......AQo(wtf? what a dumb [censored], I mean, come'on, hahaha I am laughing). So this looks to be all she wrote, until a J comes on the turn, I say, hahah, this is okay, not to bad. Until the river comes a K, I mean WTF! A FCUKING K ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!! Dip [censored] says "sorry" I say "u suck" and leave. Seriously, no one can top this, ever .

[/ QUOTE ]

worst beat ever: 4 aces going down to a royal flush. i bet the farm on those aces not even seeing the possibility of getting beat when a king of spades comes on the river and the guy shows me a royal. i'm just glad it happened at microlimit.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:16 AM

the other day i was jerking one off, and thought of sfer and his mom. Thats a bad beat.

peace

john nickle
Old 12-22-2004, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the beat doesn't bother me one bit. Why? Well I went and played a ring game on paradise afterwards and was dealt not only a straight flush, but also flopped a boat AAAKK about 5 minutes later. Was up 50 in 20 minutes, then I left [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Played a MTT. Got sucked out. Went to another site to play ring games.

Sir Mr. TSC, it seems to me, your poker playing is getting way out of hand. Why don't you calm down and just concentrate on posting here like you used to? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2004, 11:46 AM

A Cracka has to eat man!!!!!

And Lawrence, the Sonics won a NBA Championship during the late 70's, so eat a dick. What has Vancouver done/won ever, besides being home to more than a million idiots?
Old 12-22-2004, 12:07 PM

Technically, that's beating a dead horse.