Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 01:15 AM

Default Re: What Have You Done That Needed Courage?

First of all, none of your "jokes" are funny. Second, and more importantly, this is supposed to be a serious thread.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that requires beer goggles not courage

[/ QUOTE ]

deerrr.. you know beer = liquid courage right?
Old 08-14-2005, 01:28 AM

If getting in a hot tub with a bunch of dudes that you met on the internet isn't courageous, I don't know what is.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is courage? I've heard the word many times before but it seemed phony so I didn't pay it much attention. It does have a real place to be used though, and is important. Thinking about it now it seems like something that is tough, or scary for a person to do. This is what dictionary.com says:

The state or quality of mind or spirit that enables one to face danger, fear, or vicissitudes with self-possession, confidence, and resolution; bravery

The closest I come is my decision to hike on the appalachian trail. A freshmen not liking college too much it would have been easy to keep doing that and stay in next semester and just hang out in my room in the computer, but inspite of that, and the idea of going to Georgia by myself to hike in the woods on my own at the end of winter (my dad said this was dangerous and I needed experience to do it safely, I ignored this and it turned out to be untrue). That was hard for me and besides a couple of other personal things that required small amounts of courage the only thing I can think about. So not much really.

Any thoughts on courage? What have you done that required courage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pulled two men out a car (one died and one was missing a leg) after a high speed frontal collision whith gasoline leaking out of the car while the front was on fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus Christ.

We have a winner and we've barely even gotten started.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:59 AM

Courage in the sense that my life &limb was in danger...nothing, but I have displayed courage in the moral sense.

Many
Old 08-14-2005, 02:06 AM

Why has no one posted any real stories? Are you guys embarrased? Have you never done anything that requires courage?
Old 08-14-2005, 02:08 AM

out for a jog on a summer day when 2 german shepards came running at me. both were clearly full grown, angry and wanted a piece of me. i stopped running (obviously!), turned to them and shouted "xxxx off! xxxx off you piece of xxxx dogs! xxxx you!!" they both stood there barking and growling, so i took two steps toward them, motion my arms like a crazy man and continued with the shouting/barking match...as i moved toward the dogs, they stepped back. i showed them who was boss, 60 seconds later their owner came out and called them.

i called the cops, they gave the owner a slap on the wrist.

stepping towards the dogs took courage on my part, i was scared xxxxless but i could not show it.

*edit* some call me courageous for moving 2200 miles away from home for a job opportunity here in oklahoma city...away from everything and everyone i know.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:15 AM

I had a big gambling debt for 20k to a local loanshark. He eventually gave me a deadline of one week. After that week, he said he would hurt my family. I didn't have 20k, so he made me another offer. I could fight a pitbull to the death.

I won.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't look like anyone else thought it was funny, but I did. I think it has potential, as McFly is a good target.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a great account, but he chose the wrong picture. I can't find the "right" picture on google images, but it'd be right before he punched Biff.

~D
Old 08-14-2005, 02:19 AM

Two things popped into my head.

When I was 11, my family was visiting England. We were watching tennis at wimbledon, when I got seperated. I found my way back to where we were staying (across the city) by myself. I was scared, but kept my wits about me.

The second was about 8 years ago. I checked myself into a mental hospital, when I was feeling suicidal. Sounds easy, but it wasn't.