Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 09:36 AM

Default Re: 50/100 NL Hand

by limited edition I meant that amount of CD's you are willing to sell is not limited [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
I hope you will accept neteller transfers.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:08 AM

have you been doing any more of that overbet bluff?

i really like a huge bet here. push.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The opponents are unknown and it seems a bit thin 77-JJ calling. If I had AQ-KQ, Id like it alot more.

I think in this hand I like underbetting. Betting pot is also pretty thin bet imo. Although underbetting might be begging to get bluffed.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:18 AM

Maybe I'm weak tight, but what hand do you put the villain that he calls river bet with but is behind? Q2? Pocket Pair? It seems like he could easily have Hero beat, and if not, would fold to any bet of significance.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The opponents are unknown and it seems a bit thin 77-JJ calling. If I had AQ-KQ, Id like it alot more.

I think in this hand I like underbetting. Betting pot is also pretty thin bet imo. Although underbetting might be begging to get bluffed.

[/ QUOTE ]

so then underbet.

but it seems like guys in this game pride themselves on big calls, and your turn check river overbet (esp. 3 handed) doesnt makes sense and I think they would love to look you up here with a middish pair.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:27 AM

Default Can someone explain something to me?

So i am trying to learn NL a little more, i don't understand why overbetting is such a popular option here. I could see it maybe getting a call from the right type of opponent if he has somehting like 88-TT, but thats tough, and what else would he call with when behind? My inclination would be like a 2/3 pot value bet, which looks like it might be big enough to take him off a weaker holding, but someone teach me.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Can someone explain something to me?

Ppl dont like to be pushed around in general. Big bet always provokes "he might be bluffing" thoughts. Generally most ppl who call 2/3potbet will call potbet or more with the same holding some of them even more willingly.
Big value bets at the end is the way to go, 1/3pot gay "milking" bets are not good at all (for majority of situations) unless you want to induce a bluff.

Best wishes
Old 11-03-2005, 11:44 AM

Seems like you answered your own question, a 2/3 pot bet looks like a value bet, a big overbet doesn't. These guys have lots of money and big balls and like to make big calls. A big overbet might look the most like a bluff and also it doesn't need to get called nearly as frequently to still show a big profit. I'm a limit player too so I could have things screwed up though.

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-03-2005, 11:47 AM

It would just seem to me that if people are folding to these value bets on that consistent a basis, it would become unrealistically easy to knock people off medium strength hands by betting a relatively small percentage of the pot.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So i am trying to learn NL a little more, i don't understand why overbetting is such a popular option here. I could see it maybe getting a call from the right type of opponent if he has somehting like 88-TT, but thats tough, and what else would he call with when behind? My inclination would be like a 2/3 pot value bet, which looks like it might be big enough to take him off a weaker holding, but someone teach me.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, overbetting the river here would be laughably bad... noone is calling w/ the lose... its a pure bluff w/ trips. ridic.
in this hand, i think you gotta bet something here... id go 1800-2200. if you get checkraised, well, you are gonna be put to the test, thats for sure.