Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Video TStone coached me on

Here is a video I made of my play at a 5/10 table. I played for about an hour and 15 minutes, and switched tables midway through, but both tables were pretty juicy. The 75 minutes of video has been edited to remove all hands I wasn't involved in, so it is currently only 15 minutes. Action packed, and definetly some mistakes to point out. Only 13 MBs.

Let me know what you think. If there is any interest in this thread, I will post TStone's comments after I get a few replies.

http://homepages.nyu.edu/~dpg221/SpicyVideo.avi
Old 11-24-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Video TStone coached me on

You have QTo in the BB and you raise against SB. Flop comes rag, he bets you raise you call. Why did you call the turn donk bet though?

You have 77 on the bb and everyone limps. Why do you raise? I think you can just check and try to hit a set.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:01 PM

You have J3 and you flop a boat HU against the sb. Why raise the flop? Why not leave him fire again the turn?

Other than that, I am amazed by the number of fools playing 5/10.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have QTo in the BB and you raise against SB. Flop comes rag, he bets you raise you call. Why did you call the turn donk bet though?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was getting 5:1 to call, plus another bet on the river. I had picked up a gutshot with 4 perfect outs, plus another 3 pretty good outs from my overcard, and 3 crappy, but sometimes good middle card outs. I think weighted I get at least 7 outs.

[ QUOTE ]
You have 77 on the bb and everyone limps. Why do you raise? I think you can just check and try to hit a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post4012675
Old 11-24-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have J3 and you flop a boat HU against the sb. Why raise the flop? Why not leave him fire again the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was thinking of waiting until the turn, which may be correct. I thought since there was a flush draw out there, I could generate more action with my not too strong flop raise. I think I kill action a lot by raising on the turn, and thought I might be able to go to war somewhere if I just raised the flop. Waiting till the turn is good too though. I am not sure which is better.

[ QUOTE ]
Other than that, I am amazed by the number of fools playing 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

I table select good, but yes, there are plenty of idiots to find at 5/10.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:09 PM

dude, this link is not helping me.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dude, this link is not helping me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno why it isn't, it should work. Maybe type the url into your web browser? If nothing works, you can download it at:

http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...81ZQSSYH5XTWZ7

where it will be hosted for a few more days I think. This video is 25 minutes, and includes a bunch of notes I wrote asking TStone questions. Other video is just nonstop play for 15 minutes. Both are the same 75 minutes of play though.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:05 PM

1) i dont try to steal with k4o vs that laggy bb. you dont win without a showdown often enough

2) QTo in the BB vs SB. raising the flop is just spewing, villain is never folding before the river here

3) i just call KQo on the button with a CC'er already. i dunno what's right though, it probably doesnt matter

4) AQ on a KJ234 board, i value bet the river a lot. this villain probably would've raised any ace preflop though

5) 99 on a Jxx flop, waiting for the turn might be right, but i always jam the flop

6) A6o in the BB, button raises, calling station CCs, i never fold there, especially with the button being so passive postflop

7) i just give up with J high on the AKKQ board, the queen helps anything he'd peel with

other preflop stuff:

a7o on the button when a calling station limps in the hijack. dont fold, you have the best hand and the best position

q9o on the button with two limpers i call. you limped jt in the same spot before, q9 is better

ats in the bb i dont threebet with the cc'er

raising 7s in the bb when the whole table has limped is insane
Old 11-24-2005, 03:13 PM

Cheers for that, it's always useful to see how decent players play a range of hands. Most of it looks pretty standard.

One questionable fold is with Q9s in the SB 3-handed you folded to the buttons raise (a 60/29/1.3 guy) with a tightish player in the BB. I think you can raise this one even out of position.

(sorry just noticed it's not three handed rather raise, fold, fold still q9s is a reasonable hand here, you don't like playing this at all here?)
Old 11-24-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, I saw this one. The mouse pointer hovers over the "Fold" button and I'm screaming "CALL FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YOU'VE JUST PICKED UP A GUTSHOT MAN!!!!!"

He has seven to ten outs there. Easy call.

Guy.