Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 03:31 PM

Default AC Poker News Article

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/12727941.htm

Among the interesting tidbits are Sands is moving their poker room from the fourth floor to the ground floor, and AC Hilton is building a 22 table room opening in December.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Re: AC Poker News Article

[ QUOTE ]

Among the interesting tidbits are Sands is moving their poker room from the fourth floor to the ground floor, and AC Hilton is building a 22 table room opening in December.

[/ QUOTE ]
wow, sands moving the poker room to the first floor? will they ever make up their mind?
Old 10-02-2005, 07:26 PM

You know what everyone used to say, "Joints don't spread poker because they don't make money on it"? Times have changed. Between the rake / time charge and what the joints are charging for hotel rooms and food, it's obvious they just need to get more bodies through the door, to make money. What they are doing has nothing to do with wanting to accomodate poker players.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-02-2005, 07:38 PM

Did you see at the bottom where it talked about the Borg increasing from 35 to 85 tables....hoooooly expansion batman,
Old 10-02-2005, 08:12 PM

New rooms, more tables is great...if you live nearby.

I left A.C. a few days ago. I was there for nine days. Most of those days I made more than $500 a day. I played exclusively in Taj. I had to leave because of the high hotel situation. I could have continued paying, but it just got on my nerves. I wasn't staying at Taj. Need I explain the points system and how I seem never to have "enough points"? I wonder how many of the Taj rooms, poker players actually receive at a discount. All I heard was complaints about how person's couldn't get a "poker rate".

Anyway, I was staying in a place called Absecon for a few days. Then, I moved to Pleasantville for the rest of the time. I could have handled the weekday rates, but I just couldn't stand those weekend rates. The joints I was in were not complete dives, but if I sought anything cheaper, I'm sure I would have been putting my life at risk. I was also getting tired of driving from Pleasantville and West A.C. into A.C. to the Taj.

[ QUOTE ]
Did you see at the bottom where it talked about the Borg increasing from 35 to 85 tables....hoooooly expansion batman,

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-02-2005, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
New rooms, more tables is great...if you live nearby.

I left A.C. a few days ago. I was there for nine days. Most of those days I made more than $500 a day. I played exclusively in Taj. I had to leave because of the high hotel situation. I could have continued paying, but it just got on my nerves. I wasn't staying at Taj. Need I explain the points system and how I seem never to have "enough points"? I wonder how many of the Taj rooms, poker players actually receive at a discount. All I heard was complaints about how person's couldn't get a "poker rate".

Anyway, I was staying in a place called Absecon for a few days. Then, I moved to Pleasantville for the rest of the time. I could have handled the weekday rates, but I just couldn't stand those weekend rates. The joints I was in were not complete dives, but if I sought anything cheaper, I'm sure I would have been putting my life at risk. I was also getting tired of driving from Pleasantville and West A.C. into A.C. to the Taj.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why dont you play at the Trop? They charge about 85$ per room if you have a poker card.