Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 07-02-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Live Muckleshoot 20/40 AJo in BB w/worst possible relative position

Reads - I haven't played with any of these guys before, but here are my reads after a few hours:

EP players: terrible, just terrible.

MP2: a 30/60 regular that plays decent. He undertands the value of position and how to use it. It is clear that he is at least a level 2 thinker.

MP3: a 30/60 reugular that is stuck. MP2 and MP3 have a history and play each other like each think the other is full of chit. I'm not sure if this guy is good or not. He swings between TAG and LAG, defends ultra-aggressively, and can really put you the test post flop. He sometimes gets way out of line and is capable of semi-bluffing/bluffing on all 3 streets.

BB: Me. I think MP2 sees me as TAG and I think MP3 sees me as a LAG.

Preflop:
EPs limp, MP2 raises, MP3 cold-calls, I call in the BB w/AJo.

(Thinking: MP1 is capable of issolating the terrible players with 88+, suited broadways, and big aces. MP2 would have raised a real hand. He is setting up for some sort of float bull chit.)

Flop: (5 players) 5s 9c Jc
(I have the A of clubs)

checked to MP2. MP2 bets. MP3 raises. I think for about 5-10 seconds and 3-bet. EPs fold, MP2 agonizes and says, "If I call, I'm going to the river" and finally folds. MP3 calls.

Turn: brick
I bet. MP3 calls.

River: Tc
I bet. MP3 calls.

I'm primarily looking for feedback on the flop play, but any other comments are appreciated. The river could have been a check/call street too. Lots of draws just hit and I'd hate to get raised... but remember, I believe MP3 thinks I am a lag. He could easily have something like KJs (non-clubs) here.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Live Muckleshoot 20/40 AJo in BB w/worst possible relative positi

Textbook play here. Works great.

I like it.

It's been a while since I've been up to the Muck to play. Is that Japanese lady still there? She's around 40ish, 50 maybe. They were all a friendly bunch and the comps/food are just fantastic.

Lawrence
Old 07-02-2005, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's been a while since I've been up to the Muck to play. Is that Japanese lady still there? She's around 40ish, 50 maybe. They were all a friendly bunch and the comps/food are just fantastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a few older japaneese ladies. If you are thinking of the same one I am, ya, she still plays. But she is ancient. Probably in her 70s. Remember that asian women age much better than white chicks, so add 10-20 years to however old you may think they are. The one I am thinking of has a rinestone encrusted frog for a card cover and tottaly sucks azz as a player. She primarily plays 10-20 I think.

As for them being a nice bunch....Ya, sure, when they are winning. But when they are losing, they are the biggest bunch of cry babies I have ever met in my life. You'd think that they had never played poker before with how often they whine about crap, throw cards, complain the dealer is giving them bad cards, complain about the luck of their seat, ask for new setups, etc.

I was playing with one woman last night who I think actually may have been crazy. She was probably in her 70s. She was muttering all kinds of nasty chit about people, calling them arrogant fuks etc. She is either semi-wealthly or likes to pass her self off that way. When some dude on my right left she said, "He didn't belong here. Just look at him." Called his gf trash and muttered something about her outgrown roots. The funniest thing she said was that she likes 30/60 better because "at this game" (meaning 20/40) "there isn't enough money in the blinds to make playing her cards worthwhile.".. lol.

When I took her final chips from her last buyin with aces v.s. jacks she lead into me on the river after check/calling the whole way. Now, this scared the crap out of me because I had previously seen her check/call down her set of Kings to the river, and then check bendhind on the river when a runner-runner 3-flush was on the river. Weak/tight anyone?

In the aces hand, I thought for a good 20 seconds, looking at the board, and decided that she was too much of a rock to have improved on the river. If she had a set, good for her. I grabbed enough chips to make a raise reached across the line, dropped 2x4 stacks of red and was about to start the 3rd when she starts to flip her cards. Now, in my mind I was already raising and I said, "I'm raising" so that she would turn her cards back over. She called, and MHWG. She threw her cards and got up in a huf and went over to MP3 from this hand and I could hear her wispering to him that I was an such-and-such fuking a-hole that tricked her into turning her cards up and then raised when I knew I was the winner. Well, not true.. since I only grab enough trips to raise and take them across the line if I am going to do it. It isn't my fault she turned her hand up before I was done with my action. I didn't say anything. I just sat there.

Half the table was pissed at me for something or other, "recklessly" pumping a flush draw, cr'ing the river, etc.

As I packed up my 5+ racks on my way out, I told the table "good luck." MP3 in this hand said, "See you at the rodeo." Now, I'm not sure if that was an insutlt, but I think it was. Being called a cowboy at poker is an insult, right?

(Note, I was only up 2+ racks because I had to buy in for 3 over the course of the session after what seemed like it was going to be a never ending stream of bad rivers... but everyone seemed perfectly happy with me when I was stuck 2.5 racks)

Anyway, apparently the table really starting bitching after I left. One of the dealers came up to me as I was cashing out and said, "Thanks for being a real gentlemen. There are very few in that game."

So.. I'm not sure I would classify this group as a friendly bunch [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] There are definly some friendly people there though.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Live Muckleshoot 20/40 AJo in BB w/worst possible relative position

What did you think about doing differently? Calling the flop to let the EP's in? I don't think so. Checking the river? Not hardly. Perfectly played IM humble O.Well done.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Textbook play here. Works great.

I like it.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't comp food like the used too.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:23 AM

hi bob

pre-flop you have a call, but you need to know that it's a close call.

the rest of the hand is pretty basic. i'm sure that you realize that unless you flop very solidly like you did, you must be prepared to release it, and flopping an A isn't flopping solidly in this spot.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:28 PM

Default Results

Ok. I felt somewhat uncomfortable about the flop 3-bet, but I guess it really is standard, especially since I thought MP3 was going to make a move somewhere in the hand.

I won and MP3 didn't show.

MP2 groaned at the showdown. The dealer asked him a few hands later if he had QQ. MP2 said that he folded Kings. The table got quite a kick out of this.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The one I am thinking of has a rinestone encrusted frog for a card cover and tottaly sucks azz as a player. She primarily plays 10-20 I think.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you talking about Sissy? Yeah, she pretty much lives there. And yet, the one time I go to Lil's instead to play, there she is in the 6/12. The one time I go to check out Parker's, there she is in the 8/16. It's bizzarre. If you ever play the 10/20 there, you need to get used to playing with her and with Mr. T (Paul).
Old 07-03-2005, 04:10 PM

Ya.. I think the old asian ladies name is Sissy.

The crazy old woman was a white woman though.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Live Muckleshoot 20/40 AJo in BB w/worst possible relative position

[ QUOTE ]
MP2: a 30/60 regular that plays decent. He undertands the value of position and how to use it. It is clear that he is at least a level 2 thinker.

[/ QUOTE ]first of all, you need to ammend this read... should say, "weak tight nit who deeply fears his own shadow"...
also this hand is not interesting at all and im not sure what other way you would ever play this hand... sry.