Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Bodog 7.5k final table AA in BB.... play along.. do you call

[ QUOTE ]
Next time as soon as i see that flop and see the flush and str8 straws i push and take down a smaller pot and be happy with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I agree with the general tone of most replies but we're heads-up here right? Can't always fear monsters...I recently recall players much better than I, touting "throwing out suits" when heads-up. Multi-way, I'd be MUCH more concerned about the potential draws but heads-up, holding a dominating starting hand, it's time to get value, all that said....

You should've raised more pre-flop and if he called, you woulda had just about enough chips left behind to pot bet on the Flop. He still may've called, but you would've made it much harder to do so.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:32 PM

Ok... but talking about getting value for your big hand. he raises to 12k. If I raise to 22-24k and he has to call another 10-12k with 69s doesnt he fold? Maybe i am wrong, but i would think he would.

I do want him to call with 69s because I have to like my odds there. Now i understand push flop and take it down with that board, but how much do you raise pre? What do you think the best raise pre is if you want a call for more chips not not to few?

Also should have mentioned... at the final table he has already mini raised me 2x from the sb and i laid down both times and one time he mini raised me and i called with 9Ts then he bet flop hard and i folded.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also should have mentioned... at the final table he has already mini raised me 2x from the sb and i laid down both times and one time he mini raised me and i called with 9Ts then he bet flop hard and i folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you definitely should have mentioned this. With this kind of history, he is not going to lay down to a substantial re-raise. He knows he's been pushing you around, and most likely his ego and chipstack will not allow him to lay down just because you push back a little bit. Once he picks up the draw on the flop, he'll probably move in on you.

And yeah, you need a much larger bet/push on the flop.