Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: KTo
fold from CO or button 1 7.14%
overlimp from CO or button 0 0%
fold from CO, raise from button 2 14.29%
overlimp from CO, raise from button 0 0%
raise from either CO or button 11 78.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Openraise 97o in the SB?

[ QUOTE ]
Well, you are slight dog to a random hand and OOP BUT there's 1.5 SB of dead money in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-04-2005, 05:26 PM

Tstone asked this question in IRC last night, I told him I probably raise, but he didnt have the Fold BB stat on him so if someone wanted to fold, Id have no problem with that, but me...I prolly hit it up.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:12 PM

Hahahaha Tstone....

I went to take the poll. Clicked fold, then changed it to raise, then changed it fold again. This is pretty close.

His numbers indicate that so far he's been semi-tight and pretty passive preflop. We really don't know how tight or how passive and how he handles blind situations.

We may have a good amount of preflop or flop steal equity, but we're still OOP and a dog to a random hand. Add in the fact that we might be multi-tabling and this becomes a "fold ahead of time" checkbox.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This, plus you'll take it without a flop sometimes, and also take in on the flop quite often. Combine this with the fact that he is unlikely to play back against you with air makes this an easy steal IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remeber this is somewhat compensated for by the fact that you are getting three bet here reasonably liberally, even by tightish opponents; and they get the same advantages with the iniative here; also, the fact that they are in position decreases your equity fairly significantly when they peel flop, then auto bet when you check to them.

Despite this, I think its close; I know I'd raise 89o there and 8To there.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Remeber this is somewhat compensated for by the fact that you are getting three bet here reasonably liberally, even by tightish opponents;

[/ QUOTE ]

He is also passive so I don't think you are getting 3-bet that often except by very strong hands which helps you play against him postflop because it narrows his hand range.

[ QUOTE ]
also, the fact that they are in position decreases your equity fairly significantly when they peel flop, then auto bet when you check to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not checking to this opponent on the turn on pretty much any board so this is not a problem for me.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:46 PM

Heh. I was ignoring this thread. Then I was playin' some $10/20, got 97o in the SB, and it was folded to me.

I raised.

Then I answered the poll.

I basically can't help myself when it's folded to me in the SB. If my hand doesn't make me want to puke, I raise.

Guy.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:39 PM

Depends on what sort of grief I can expect post flop. A lot of my pre-flop decisions come down to this.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:45 PM

yes
Old 12-04-2005, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I basically can't help myself when it's folded to me in the SB. If my hand doesn't make me want to puke, I raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't remember the last time I ever agreed with anything more strongly than I agree with this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey
Old 12-04-2005, 10:15 PM

If i remember this correctly from the video, hero did not have many hands at all on the oppenent. This play struck me as funny when I saw it on the video, but I figured there was a good reason for it. If the stats were from a bigger sample or included info about bb denfense the answer could be more defnite, but yeah, we all know that.