Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 07-06-2005, 05:46 PM

Default More stupid blind [censored]

Button is one of those decent overaggro thinking 100/200 playing morons. I've been trashing his ass last bit and enjoying it ever so much as for some reason I really get off on putting these deuchebags into their place (I call them deuchebags cause they're always raising and check-raising...like every scare card etc.) If he just toned it back he'd be a goopd player. As is, he's too donkish.

BB is a losing player. Raises pre-flop with about the right hands, but plays way too many hands and cold calls way too much too. I'd call him loose not good. Takes his hands too far and raises not enough but he's not passive either. He defends his blinds way too much too.

6 handed 100/200
Folded to the button who raises, I call K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the sb, bb calls as directed.

Flop Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Betting out is best, right? How bout my pre-flop call?
Old 07-06-2005, 05:59 PM

Default Re: More stupid blind [censored]

Not much to say, but I'll chime in with a yes, I'd bet out, and I like the pf call given the reads. And I hope I get to play 100/200 against morons someday. (And not be one of them..)
Old 07-06-2005, 06:04 PM

From your description I assume button is raising any two 6 or higher or something like that. Maybe folding the occasional 96o. If thats the case then I like the preflop call fine so long as BB usually calls and almost never 3 bets.

Theres no strictly right play on the flop because its important to not be predictable here, but I'd be leading the majority of the time and 3betting most raises, checkraising some, and checkcalling occasionally.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:45 PM

I'd bet/3-bet this flop and lead out turn, but as Ike says, just mix these up - nothing you don't already know and do, I'm sure.

I think the pre-flop call is good here, but I am realizing I have major problems with my SB play, so I'm not sure my opinion counts for too much here. :-)

Nigel

Edited to add - I'd really base the play of this flop around how you've played your last few hands against him and what you/he has shown down. In other words, if bet/3-betting is just going to lead to an auto-turn raise, then another line is needed. Boring advice, but all I can think of.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:54 PM

Standard lead out.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:06 PM

Is this generally a good call with K3?? I'm merely a 5 10 sh player, but i never call with that. Should i start?

mooks
Old 07-06-2005, 07:21 PM

hi bike

you can do that. you can also check-raise the flop. i think check-raising is a little better here, but betting out is fine.

the pre-flop call is good.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:33 PM

i think the preflop call is more interesting, and elindauer's post goes kinda into detail about this.

if we know the bb is coming along...and button would raise pretty much every single hand on the button, i think this is a rad preflop call
Old 07-06-2005, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this generally a good call with K3?? I'm merely a 5 10 sh player, but i never call with that. Should i start?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the point is it depends on the fact that button is raising and BB is calling almost anything, so your king is likely good. If you had a weak-tight PF raiser on the button, it'd be different.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:58 PM

This hand is interesting in several regards. I like bet/3bet line against an aggro button noth for value and for turn folding equity. Preflop, there is merit to calling, folding or 3 betting. If you're going to play the hand, why not 3 bet? You hopefully get some dead money from the BB and take the lead on the hand. (If you think his aggressivness makes this play bad, there is merit to that, but i think you can handle him postflop) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]