Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2005, 10:12 AM

Default Re: DERB

Hand 1.

What ever, i don't do this play because BBs are loose, nothing major.

Hand 2.

On the turn it's pretty easy just to say, 'he has no folding equity' but given this guy seems to known more than us about poker we need to be more detailed than that. Button's hand range is hard to read here and this is were the expert higher level thinking than us may be coming in!? KQ is unlikely, no flop raise. AK is possible, not too likely though. Flush? With what, DERB holds As Qs on the board Ks would have raised the flop, TJs possible, not all too likely though, with a read it could def be not at all possible. 55? A lot of players raise the flop, possible though. So that a very small hand range since most of the range is 'maybe, but not likely' and thus increasing the chances of a bluff. So maybe he has folding equity? But i can't see against what bluffs he wins on the river?

Metagame? Sure, giving action with just the flush draw will increase action with made hands, his range is well balanced, KK QQ AK KQ AsJ,T i just think it doesn't need to be, esp. not for the cost of lower implied odds, beat with bad equity, not a huge cost, but i don't see the need.

Hand 3.

I guess he was hoping to pick off a bluff from my QJ that in his loony land didn't make a straight? My river range is prob TJ TQ QJ A9 that may have decided not to induce a bluff raise A8, so that leaves 67 bluff?

Hand 4.

I like his play, after not getting capped i would have value betted. This hand prob deserves it's own thread.

Hand 5.

Preflop i don't, but lets entertain it. Flop raise has to have bad equity on the raise, but it's probably the best line from all the lines that individually are -EV yet with pot size are +EV. River i would have value betted. AT vs AJ AK that pays off the draw board.

Hand 6.

Easy value bet.

Hand 7.

Peflop lets entertain. Flop here is one that probably gets dismissed pretty quickly as very bad, then the 2nd thought of 'well MP may be making a free card 3 bet' makes it seem ok. Then the 3rd thought of 'with what?' makes it seem like it sucks, only free card plays are JJ AsK, legit hands are QQ KK AA AQ AKs.

River is well paid because of AA KK AQ no suit will check behind but pay off.

Hand 8.

Flop lead with a draw here sucks, you are getting raised often and only 99 is folding.

So yea, not much i agree with. Either i'm wrong without realising it and DERB is at a way higher thought than me or DERB sucks and is winning somehow.

We should all raise $500 and get erik123/Abdul Jalib or someone of that level to analyse a few 100 hands of his so we can put an end to this 'higher level thinking'.