Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 03:51 PM

Default KK vs. possible rock

villain is ~9/2/1 after 60 hands

PokerRoom 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: eviljeff is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#CC3333">eviljeff raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (3 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">eviljeff raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">eviljeff caps</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">eviljeff bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, eviljeff furrows his brow

against an unknown this is an instabet, but this guy's stats made me pause. granted, I only have 60 hands on him, but if he is a rock what do you think his hand range is at the river?

I'd say..
99 (or less likely 44 or 22) - afraid of flush
TT-AA
non-nut flush - fearing nf
slowplayed nf

anyone bet the river and fold to a c/r?
Old 09-22-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: KK vs. possible rock

I check behind. Eventhough I find it strange that he didnt CR the turn if he had something.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:12 PM

If you think this guy is a rock, why go nuts on the flop?

Edit: When you raise and reraise he's often folding the hands you beat and punishing you with the hands that beat you.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:14 PM

bet the river.

he could have many hands here.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:18 PM

This is tough but I think you've got to bet it. One other hand I could put him on is a 9 and the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. After all, he's really only done one aggressive thing in the hand (3-betting the flop). If he's slowplaying the nut flush like this after you capped the flop I hate his play. The only problem is I really can't think of many hands you're beating that will call here. Maybe JJ, QQ, A9, possibly 9Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? So I guess the more I think about it I check behind.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:24 PM

bet the river. A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9x would do this wouldn't they? i just don't know if i'd call a river bet if i had only 2nd pair.

so we're hoping for that or a goofy played QQ,JJ. bet/fold sounds like a good line to me.

edit: ha! i just read GME's post and i pretty much echoed him except i came to a different ending suggestion than him, but still funny.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:29 PM

I don't think a rock lets up with a nutflush. I can't imagine what hand he called 1.5 bets with pre-flop that is a non-nutflush. QJ? meh, I doubt it.

I can't see any hand with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in it except for AA, and I don't think a rock lets up with an AA hand with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I also don't seem him cold-calling AA pre-flop.

That leaves the pocket pairs. I see 99-QQ, but KK and AA he's 3-betting ou pre-flop, IMO.

Bet, fold to a raise sounds ok with me. Hopefully you'll see JJ here.

KO
Old 09-22-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the river. A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9x would do this wouldn't they? i just don't know if i'd call a river bet if i had only 2nd pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see a 9% VPIP putting in 1.5 SB with an A9o to a pre-flop raise. Ever. Basically think all the hands we raise pre-flop with, he calls with. All the hands we cap, he raises.

KO
Old 09-22-2005, 04:41 PM

I think he flopped the non nut flush, you should check behind.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:57 PM

If he had AA wouldn't he reraise pf and if he had TT I think he would bet/raise the turn. Most likely holdings seem like QQ or JJ, maybe with a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. If he flopped a set I think you have to pay off cause he just checked/called the turn. I would think even a rock would assume you have an overpair here and bet the turn with a set of nines. His play looks like an overpair. If not make a note. If he slo-played the nut flush then that sux but you can't fear that and not bet the river cause you're good here more often than the few times he flops tha nutz.