Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 02:53 AM

Default OMG I won a tourney, also played some Stud/8

Got to the Taj today around 3 and while waiting for my 5/10 O8 seat I jumped in a 3/6 O8/Stud8 game they were spreading. The Omaha portion played great, normal people who play too many hands. However the stud just didn't seem to hot. Now I must admin to never playing much stud, but it seems the absence of an ante in this game just killed it. It was still profitable (for me) however the action junkies in the game hated it as they didn't get the large pots they're used to. I predict the Taj will not be able to keep spreading this game. I did watch the 10/20 mixed they have and that seemed much better. Wish I had the roll to play it ;0)

Anyway after getting fed up with the slow pace of the 3/6 game I left (we weren't even getting 10 hands/dowm). I had missed my seat for the 5/10 O8 by this point and didn't feel like waiting so I decided to play the $50+15 tourney. I've never played many MTT's but I managed to hold my own till we had two tables left, at which point I pretty much folded myself to the final. However I did manage to knock out the last person before combining [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] At this point I felt right at home (I've played over 500 $10+1 SNG on party). Only difference was I had a bit more chips in relation to the blinds than I'm used to. Anyway, to win the thing I managed to suck out two hands in a row, first my all-in A9 vs AQ spiked a 9 on the river. This left my opponent severly short stacked (about 5 big blinds) so I opened pushed Q4 the next hand. He woke up with AT and called, flopped a 4 and it held up.

Anyway, I think I may use my winnings to sit in that 10/20 O8/Stud8 Mike has been talking about.