Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2005, 08:06 PM

Default after a bit of a dance...

I'm two seats to the right of this dude on a party 6 max table. Me and this dude have tango-ed a bit in the last hour. First was a hand when I raise preflop, checked behind on the flop and took it down by raising his bet on the turn. Another time I flat called the flop after his PF raise and too it down with a turn raise. Another time, I had position with 99, limped, he raise from the SB, I called a bluff on the turn, check check the river and my pair was good. A final time, I potted a missed flop w/AK, Checked the turn (board paired 88) and checked behind on the river when I hit an A. He had 78 and missed his river checkraise. This dude was frustrated, but keeping his cool. He liked to call my preflop raises, for some reason. On to the hand...

Im UTG w/Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], I raise to $7 (party 1/2, Ive got ~180, villain has me covered), villain in the SB calls.

Flop(~16): T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
He checks, I bet $12, villain raises to $32. I call.

Turn ($80)T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
He bets $48, I raise allin for about $100 more. Villain calls.

The river was A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I was sure he sucked out on me. Who thinks I won the pot?
Old 02-10-2005, 08:10 PM

Default Re: after a bit of a dance...

Fold the flop. This belongs in SSNL also.