Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Stupid bluffing idiots that get lucky

****** FLAME ******
Old 11-28-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 72.3232 % 72.32% 00.00% { JdTd }
Hand 2: 27.6768 % 27.68% 00.00% { 2c2s }

[/ QUOTE ]

What is this crap?

Let me explain this simply for you retards.

SPONGER HAS A PAIR ALREADY!

HIS OPPONENT ONLY HAS JACK-HIGH. JACK HIGH!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]I hope you are kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.wedoitallvegas.com/Rank_O...ands_Chart.asp

[/ QUOTE ]I know what after the flop, the villain is losing... however he has the odds to win the hand, what's the problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

ANY PAIR IS WAY BETTER THAN JACK-HIGH! HOW F'ING HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND? DO YOU EVEN KNOW THE RULES OF POKER? GODDAMMIT THIS IS GETTING OLD.

[/ QUOTE ]The villain has 21 outs on both the turn and the river, goddamn it! Do you know what this means?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponger has a pair.

His opponent has Jack-high.

DO THE MATH. WHO HAS THE BETTER HAND? THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't understand this. how'd you get to 15,000 posts on this forum?? i thought you were a respected poster here??? you're wrong and these other guys with 10 or 12 posts are right!! you're gonna feel pretty embarrassed when you realize your mistake!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

and i though I WAS GULLIBLE, lol.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]
what are you trying to say, barron? that diablo isn't wrong??? or that he was just joking??? puh-leeeeze. i don't buy that for a second! maybe he has finally realized his error and feels really silly now, so he'll try to pass it off as another one of his "jokes," but he was OBVIOUSLY serious at first.

this is your chance to mock him mercilessly on his big mistake! if i were you, i'd pursue it with extreme aggressivity! go get 'im, barron!

[/ QUOTE ]

The new insta-quote button is da sh1znizzl3!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

See, all I need to do is click "Quote" at the the top of each post, and it automatically quotes the entire post with the quote boxes and everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's new.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's new to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf are you guys using for equity?

i put this through pokerstove

Hand 1: 17.3232 % 82.32% 00.00% { JdTd }
Hand 2: 82.6768 % 17.68% 00.00% { 2c2s }

[/ QUOTE ]
nice1

[/ QUOTE ]

ty

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe strongly that Cardplayer skewed its pot odds caculator to take into account the average riggedness of online poker. I have no idea how else they could have JT as a favourite over 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Cardplayer must grant villain a few outs for folding equity...very sophisticated bit of software (although obviously not functioning properly)
Old 11-28-2005, 03:51 PM

Any idiot knows that JT suited heads up is a SIGNIFICANT underdog to a pair lower than tens. A pair of twos usually has AT BEST one overcard against it. This is a bad beat if I've ever seen one, you guys need to re-evaluate your hand rankings obviously... The fact that he had a STRAIGHT FLUSH DRAW is insignificant, as the jack made him a bigger pair... I mean, there are only THREE jacks left in the deck, what are the odds that Villain would catch a JACK on the river?

Seriously though, one question for OP, what would you do if you had your opponents hand and you flopped a straight flush draw, would you fold, obviously knowing that you're beat, and if you wind up winning you will have dished out a "bad beat," thus folding is best because AT THE MOMENT you don't have the best hand and making the best hand is likely, but not guaranteed, or would you call knowing that you're a FAVORITE against almost any hand against you? I think the choice is clear, and YOU need to understand that this is in no way a "suckout."
Old 11-28-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I'm playing a HU SNG on pokerstars and I pick up 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Villian has about 1700 chips to my 1300. Blinds are 10/20

I make the standard 3bb raise. Villian calls.

Flop is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and Villian Pushes.

Now, I haven't played that many hands with Villian, but he is extremely agressive and I don't think he has much. So I make the call, and sure enough he has J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]! Sweet!

Turn is a blank, and River is a T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Just another example of me making an incredible read with a marginal hand, and having some stupid moron suckout on me. God I [censored] hate poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

this story is 100 times better if it goes turn 4 river 8... fish!!!
Old 11-28-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: 72.3232 % 72.32% 00.00% { JdTd }
Hand 2: 27.6768 % 27.68% 00.00% { 2c2s }

[/ QUOTE ]

What is this crap?

Let me explain this simply for you retards.

SPONGER HAS A PAIR ALREADY!

HIS OPPONENT ONLY HAS JACK-HIGH. JACK HIGH!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]I hope you are kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.wedoitallvegas.com/Rank_O...ands_Chart.asp

[/ QUOTE ]I know what after the flop, the villain is losing... however he has the odds to win the hand, what's the problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

ANY PAIR IS WAY BETTER THAN JACK-HIGH! HOW F'ING HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND? DO YOU EVEN KNOW THE RULES OF POKER? GODDAMMIT THIS IS GETTING OLD.

[/ QUOTE ]The villain has 21 outs on both the turn and the river, goddamn it! Do you know what this means?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponger has a pair.

His opponent has Jack-high.

DO THE MATH. WHO HAS THE BETTER HAND? THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't understand this. how'd you get to 15,000 posts on this forum?? i thought you were a respected poster here??? you're wrong and these other guys with 10 or 12 posts are right!! you're gonna feel pretty embarrassed when you realize your mistake!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

and i though I WAS GULLIBLE, lol.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]
what are you trying to say, barron? that diablo isn't wrong??? or that he was just joking??? puh-leeeeze. i don't buy that for a second! maybe he has finally realized his error and feels really silly now, so he'll try to pass it off as another one of his "jokes," but he was OBVIOUSLY serious at first.

this is your chance to mock him mercilessly on his big mistake! if i were you, i'd pursue it with extreme aggressivity! go get 'im, barron!

[/ QUOTE ]

The new insta-quote button is da sh1znizzl3!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

See, all I need to do is click "Quote" at the the top of each post, and it automatically quotes the entire post with the quote boxes and everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's new.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's new to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf are you guys using for equity?

i put this through pokerstove

Hand 1: 17.3232 % 82.32% 00.00% { JdTd }
Hand 2: 82.6768 % 17.68% 00.00% { 2c2s }

[/ QUOTE ]
nice1

[/ QUOTE ]

ty

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe strongly that Cardplayer skewed its pot odds caculator to take into account the average riggedness of online poker. I have no idea how else they could have JT as a favourite over 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Cardplayer must grant villain a few outs for folding equity...very sophisticated bit of software (although obviously not functioning properly)

[/ QUOTE ]
this thread needs to be wider
Old 11-28-2005, 04:58 PM

Look, there seems to be a lot of debate on this subject and, in my opinion, it's all for naught.
A number of respected posters are saying that Sponger has a pair. And really, that's a pretty fair analysis. A pair can beat a lot of things. Jack high for instance.

But then other people are trying to bring math into this equation. As if a bunch of numbers on a page can possibly show what's in your opponent's soul! Unless you're talking about reverse implied folding odds I don't need to hear the math.

So here's a solution. You're both right. Each hand had a 50% equity on the flop. Both hands had two outcomes: it would win or it would lose. Ergo, 50% of the time one or the other happens.

Both players played perfectly. Winning poker isn't much better than a coinflip anyway.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I'm playing a HU SNG on pokerstars and I pick up 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Villian has about 1700 chips to my 1300. Blinds are 10/20

I make the standard 3bb raise. Villian calls.

Flop is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and Villian Pushes.

Now, I haven't played that many hands with Villian, but he is extremely agressive and I don't think he has much. So I make the call, and sure enough he has J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]! Sweet!

Turn is a blank, and River is a T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Just another example of me making an incredible read with a marginal hand, and having some stupid moron suckout on me. God I [censored] hate poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

this story is 100 times better if it goes turn 4 river 8... fish!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Story? This is a real hand.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look, there seems to be a lot of debate on this subject and, in my opinion, it's all for naught.
A number of respected posters are saying that Sponger has a pair. And really, that's a pretty fair analysis. A pair can beat a lot of things. Jack high for instance.

But then other people are trying to bring math into this equation. As if a bunch of numbers on a page can possibly show what's in your opponent's soul! Unless you're talking about reverse implied folding odds I don't need to hear the math.

So here's a solution. You're both right. Each hand had a 50% equity on the flop. Both hands had two outcomes: it would win or it would lose. Ergo, 50% of the time one or the other happens.

Both players played perfectly. Winning poker isn't much better than a coinflip anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

omg.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:34 PM

I know. Pretty spiffy analysis, huh? Sort of sums the debate right up don't you think?
Old 11-28-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know. Pretty spiffy analysis, huh? Sort of sums the debate right up don't you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

god this thread rules.