Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 02:45 AM

Default Re: holycowpoker.com?

I hadn't seen that post, very interesting.
No idea what the agenda is there, although it doesn't change the fact that Dutch hasn't once spoken about or tried to support the site via his many media opportunites.

I'm going to email him to see what he says, if I get a response I'll post it here.

Instyle007
Old 01-18-2005, 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hadn't seen that post, very interesting.
No idea what the agenda is there, although it doesn't change the fact that Dutch hasn't once spoken about or tried to support the site via his many media opportunites.

I'm going to email him to see what he says, if I get a response I'll post it here.

Instyle007

[/ QUOTE ]

c'mon you can't think of a real good reason dutch wouldn't be public with his ownership share in a poker site? dont be dense.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:35 AM

The average joe who watches poker on TV knows nothing about Dutch Boyd's past failures. Given the way ESPN deified him during the past 2 WSOP broadcasts, which of the following quanities do you think is greater.

a) the # of people who would have played at a no-rake site, but won't now that they know Dutch Boyd is part of it

b) the # of people who wouldn't have played at a no-rake site, but will because Dutch repeatedly shilled for it during the WSOP broadcasts

I personally think more people fall into category B, and therefore, it would have been in his best interest to promote any site he had a stake in, despite his past transgressions.

However, its possible that I'm just dense.