Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you
Check 8 34.78%
Bet <66% of pot 11 47.83%
Bet >66% of pot 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Open Raise UTG (Poll)

[ QUOTE ]
so basically im akin to as good as you used to be and now youre the great poster? oh my, what a compliment. you shouldnt have.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got me all wrong. We pick on people in our lives because they are ones we have a belonging to and it usually within oursleves. I'm no such poster and have never claimed as such. I love a good debate and push things hard in order to get a response worth debating (see my occupation).
Old 11-21-2005, 05:52 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's just that the overall concensus by the #1 place to discuss poker on the internet would rather play QTs and JTs over KTo and QJo is alarming.

Such a poll in it's intent is irrelevant and I'd raise or fold all those hands in all sorts of games. Granted, some more than others (raise/fold). The only way to view such a poll is to think of it as being stuck w/one hand for your entire time playing poker and had to raise UTG. I'd rather have QJo for the rest of my life in a 6-max game than QTs. But the population obviously feels different.

[/ QUOTE ]

S&amp;M hand rankings, anybody?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, first in from the sb you'd rather have QJo. first in at a 10-handed table you'd rather have QTs. this is probably true against every imagineable lineup. so there is some point where you're equally content with the two hands. for me, it's probably around the hijack. for JT, it's probably around 4 off the button

the probelm with the S&amp;M rankings is it's a qualitative average of all possible spots put together. I don't think they help much for this conversation.

unless you were pointing out that JTs is ranked higher than FOUR suited hands that dominate it. QJs, KJs, ATs, QTs (in that order), and even KQo.

actually looking back at it again, I'm surprised ATs is ranked lower than QJs.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:25 AM

Of course you're right about hand values changing from 10 handed -&gt; 2 handed, but clearly the difference between 10 -&gt; 6 is minor compared to 6 -&gt; 2... I was just pointing out how greatly S&amp;M value suitedness vs pips.

And FWIW I believe QTs is stronger than QJo in any situation, including headsup.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:29 AM

ok, huggles and kisses [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2005, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, huggles and kisses [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have way too much jason t in you... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2005, 01:22 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he has not picked on me in a long time and i dont like it
Old 11-22-2005, 01:27 AM

i was just trying to fit in im more of a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] guy myself. actually the only emoticon i like to use is [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2005, 04:00 PM

bump for the new small stakers.