Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 11:09 PM

Default AKo -- how ridiculous is this?

I can sort of see a case for my initial call on the river, but I also realize I got very lucky. Anyway, what do you think?

Feel free to comment on the flop and turn as well. I wasn't really sure what to do during this hand.

I was new at the table and have hardly any hands at all with UTG+2 and MP2.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (8 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, SB folds, UTG+2 calls.

River: (11 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB
Old 11-22-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Re: AKo -- how ridiculous is this?

[ QUOTE ]
I can sort of see a case for my initial call on the river, but I also realize I got very lucky. Anyway, what do you think?

Feel free to comment on the flop and turn as well. I wasn't really sure what to do during this hand.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (8 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, SB folds, UTG+2 calls.

River: (11 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude....I really, really like the thought process here anyway.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:41 PM

Can you explain the initial call on the river? The 3-bet makes perfect sense with some hand reading on UTG+2 (we're almost never behind, and often ahead of KQ/KJ here).

Maybe i'm just overthinking. Is the call simply becuse we're unsure where we stand against MP2, but getting an overcall from UTG+2 seems probable so we take value that way?
Old 11-22-2005, 11:43 PM

Is UTG+2 on KQ-K9s ?

Otherwise I am not understanding the river action.

-ZEN
Old 11-22-2005, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the call simply becuse we're unsure where we stand against MP2, but getting an overcall from UTG+2 seems probable so we take value that way?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be disappointed Nice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I was thinking you had a nice read on UTG+2 and figured he would go for a c/r and could try feeding MP one at a time for 3 or so. Tell me it's true &lt;3.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is the call simply becuse we're unsure where we stand against MP2, but getting an overcall from UTG+2 seems probable so we take value that way?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be disappointed Nice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I was thinking you had a nice read on UTG+2 and figured he would go for a c/r

[/ QUOTE ]
From his post:
Old 11-23-2005, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be disappointed Nice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I was thinking you had a nice read on UTG+2 and figured he would go for a c/r

[/ QUOTE ]
From his post:

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps I should go to bet and come back when my brain is working [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2005, 12:48 AM

Wow. This hand is great. I love what you did on every street and am slightly worried that I might have played it differently.

Preflop: Book
Flop: That's a lot pf players to fire into. betting might actually be a good play if i think about it... but i would check here just about every time.
Turn: You might be totally mauled but getting 9:1 on a rainbow board looks good. (I have been folding in spots like these lately... underestimating my overlay(?)... bad news)
River: I might not have had the moxie for the river re-raise... but in some alternate universe where people play poker it may have won you the pot if MP2 somehow ditched a better hand.

Interested in seeing the results/other posts.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:21 AM

I don't understand why the postflop action is great at all.

Preflop is optimal, of course.

I don't see why you don't want to bet this flop to clean up pair outs, maximize your chances of getting a free card on the turn, perhaps fold a a small pair or two. Your equity edge is probably no worse than neutral, anyway.

9:1 seems a little thin to peel with on the turn, when you could have probably gotten a much cheaper card had you bet the flop.

What range are you anticipating on the river? I wonder how you can put your man squarely on a strong king or worse. It seems much better to go for the overcall; I could be persuaded to fold, if I knew more about MP2, but calling two seems reasonable given the size of the pot and the raggedness of the board. What's your plan if MP2 caps? Vomit and call?
Old 11-23-2005, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The 3-bet makes perfect sense with some hand reading on UTG+2 (we're almost never behind, and often ahead of KQ/KJ here).

[/ QUOTE ]
Please stop drinking alcoholic hot sauce.