Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Re: TomM\'s suggestion of sitting out on 6-max tables

If this gets to widespread, they are going to start banning accounts.

It may work for a little while but they will catch on. They already have the ability to tell what accounts originate from your CPU, Also I assume most of you have used your real names.

If you f*** with their revenue stream, they will get you.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:35 PM

I hunted around for a 10/20 table with someone out this morning to verify this. Yes if a player is "out", then the rack is capped at $2. flair did voice a concern I had floating around the back of my head. It is very possible you would get a warning or your account would be suspended if you did this on a regular basis.

WiteKnite
Old 09-02-2005, 12:49 PM

Yeah, I was totally kidding when I suggested this. It is a testament to just how cheezed people are that doing this is getting serious consideration. I think that it wouldn't be effective because a sustained effort is simply too much trouble. I also agree w/ MicroBob that educating people about the rake probably isn't the way to go. And on the off chance that this had any noticeable impact, Party would have many ways to quickly halt the rabble-rousing.

I did email Empire VIP to express my displeasure. I figured it would take me ten seconds and they might send me, I dunno, a TV or something. I told them that raising their fees for no reason, without telling their customers, and without improving their service was unacceptable.

[ QUOTE ]

Dear XXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us.

With regard to your email, we totally understand your concern, but we would like to inform you that all our live game tables except the 6 max tables, the rake collected was $3.

So, it being a management decision, they made the 6max tables rake equal to all other live game tables which is $3.

However ,we can confirm that your enquiry has been forwarded to the appropriate department.

If there is any kind of change, we will surely let you know.

As we see that you are a special player on our site we would like to offer you a 20% Deposit Bonus up to a maximum of $100 on your next deposit through the iGM-Pay Deposit option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, okay, I understand! It was a management decision! I hadn't realized that. Carry on then. And iGM-Pay bonus you say? Never heard of that one. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2005, 12:54 PM

I agree.

1 - I'm in no mood to have my chat banned because I've been spamming some website or general philosophy at the tables.
I'm already VERY anti-spam for things ranging from pokeredge to rake-back, etc. Just because this is a cause that I may or may not believe in does not change my stance on spamming at the tables.

2 - I think that taking advantage of your extra skin-accounts to fill empty-seats and THEN telling players the reason WHY you are using your extra skin-account to do this (and essentially telling the management at Party as well assuming they are paying attention) is not only asking Party to ban your chat and/or your skin-account...but also will tempt Party to start cracking down on the right to have the extra skin-accounts in the first place.

Lets face it...they are tolerating all the skin-accounts that people set up on their cleaned-up computers.
It is something they are letting 2+2'ers continue to do because they view it as something they currently don't want to crack-down on (they possibly view the high-volume players as valuable so let them keep their extra skins...they're playing more anyway afterall).

It is not a RIGHT to have an account at each and every skin.
If Party wants to then they can just take them all away.

These are their rules...not ours.

The sitting-out MIGHT work on it's own.
But going around and pasting stuff to some site that says: "Party's rake-increase sucks and we're here to counter-act it and here's how we're doing it!!" is only going to make the folks at Party mad.
And I really don't want to upset the folks who are holding onto so much of my money.

I understand that people are upset about this...but some of these notions are just unrealistic.
If they want to increase the rake then they get to.
As customers the ONLY thing we can realistically do is decide whether or not we want to play there.

I think people also need to differentiate the ideas of working FOR a company at a regular job...as opposed to just making one's income on an internet-gambling site.
We don't have 'rights' as 'workers' for 'fair-treatment' or anything like that and it's ridiculous to imply that we do.

we play poker on a poker-site.
They have increased the rake.
That's it.
It always HAS BEEN and ALWAYS WILL BE up to you to decide whether you want to play there (of course for winning 2+2'ers that means whether it is still the most profitable option)
Old 09-02-2005, 01:24 PM

All your criticisms are valid. I think a concerted effort is potentially dangerous. However, I doubt party will spot anything because they don't seem to notice or care very much (e.g. they could easily block all the spamming).

Also, most players are aware of rake but yet still delude themselves that they are winning/break even/unlucky/improving etc.

Sitting out of tables probably isn't terribly dangerous though, but I doubt there will be enough people doing it to make a real difference.

I guess we just take the tax increase and make do....
Old 09-02-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, okay, I understand! It was a management decision! I hadn't realized that. Carry on then. And iGM-Pay bonus you say? Never heard of that one. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Laugh! Who are we do get upset when it's a management decision! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2005, 01:37 PM

It should be noted that if you don't play a hand, they kick you off after 15 minutes or so.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It should be noted that if you don't play a hand, they kick you off after 15 minutes or so.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-02-2005, 01:56 PM

This would take a little more coordination, but another "protest" option would be to get all 6 seats filled by 2+2ers on as many tables as possible, and just simply fold around every hand. You're not sitting out and you're not paying rake. Technically you're playing, but the table isn't generating any money for Party.

However, I've taken MicroBob's view of this thing since it was announced/discovered. They run a business. We're the customers. They made a decision (and from a business perspective, a likely solid one, for all those speaking of idiots running corporations). Voicing our displeasure is fine and good, but ultimately, it comes down to whether you feel like paying for their services or not. Who knows, if sites keep jacking rakes, a new low-rake site might move in, properly advertise to attract the fish, and pros will have a new stomping ground.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in. Good idea. I bet guys like Krishanleong and Sthief who already have some serious datamining infrastructure could make a pretty significant dent if they felt like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

They actually can't, because you need $$ to sit at the tables, and most of the datamining accounts are 'dummy' accounts that we don't keep any money on.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't mine on a dummy account. It has to have money deposited.

Krishan