Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 09:33 PM

Default Bluffing early in MMT

I just got knocked out of the 10+1 NLHE on PP.I started the hand with $1335 Blinds are $10/$20 I'm 2 from the button.The first 3 players fold then an aggresive player who hasn't been at the table but for 4 hand and has raised pre-flop 3/4 of those hands.Raises the $60 and the calling station to my right calls and I pause for a second and raise it to $200 with my 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] next guy folds&the button raises to $400 (he is a player has raised with weak holding like KQ offsuit in early position and makes odd bets after the flop)So I call thinking I'll be able to out play him after the flop.The flop isQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]I have $935 left he has $1525.There is $950 in the pot.I check he bets $100.Now I've seen him do this 2 times already bet a small amount into the pot.and both times someone came over the top and he folded.So I did the same thing he waits about 5 seconds and calls with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]He calls off most of his money withsecond pair against one of the tightest players at the table.Was my play as dumb as that guy tried to make it out to be.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Bluffing early in MMT

you start with 1500.. put 400 into the pot preflop.. and think you have enough room to manouvre where you can outplay someone post flop? GL with that as a general move.

Secondly, people dont fold early in an MTT. Its where the good players accumulate chips by pushing small edges.. bluffing rarely works.

Play your good hands hard, and the chips will come to you easily enough. No need to get indulgent in FPS
Old 08-28-2005, 10:43 PM

Default Re: Bluffing early in MMT

Agree. You have to always factor in that, a majority of the time, you are going to be involved in a pot with a donk. I never risk many chips without a premium hand when blinds are low, period. When there's so much dead money out there because of the raised blinds, then a play like this can be +EV, read dependent of course.