Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2004, 09:04 AM

Default Re: Question for syntax and other Zerorake supporters

[ QUOTE ]
the Zerorake dude posted he would give everyone who sat at an Omaha table that night a free 20 bucks. No strings attached. It looks like 50 people took him up on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then what? They all cashed out their $20 that day and not a single one returned?
Old 07-17-2004, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are over 300 poker sites operating now. As far as I know, since the beginning of internet poker began, only a handful of sites have folded. And of those, only a couple have refused to pay what was owed to players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you just look foolish, uninformed, or are a huge liar.

Let's stick with Just The Facts. You state there are over 300 poker sites and are using that number as a basis to show that the failed sites make up a tiny percentage so by the numbers it is safe.

I challenge you to list 100 sites here. Maybe you can come close to 60 or 70, but 300?

There are not 300 sites and therefore your arguments have no more credibility. It is time to replace yourself with another alias after this ridiculous statement.
Old 07-17-2004, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, they are running a promo now where they give you a 5 buck entry into a SnG each day. They put up 20 or so tables and none of them filled completely, most had 3. I joined the one with 6 others thinking it would get off when it hit ten people. But then they started all of them at the same time. I was at the only table with more than 3. All the others had 3. Seems they paid 50 bucks in tourney winnings to each table regardless of size, top 3 got paid. No wonder these people all joined the shorthanded tables! I still got second, but if I had been at a 3 man table I was guanteed a payoff with no risk.

And best of all, it's not paid in tourney bucks like I thought, it was paid in real cash. Very cool! They are running these every night they say, with a free entry for every member. Now, I think that's a pretty good promo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you going to announce every time the site does a promo that gets $5 to the player?
Old 07-17-2004, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to see your answer to this syntax also

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you dont. Canuck, I am not involved with zerorake in any way shape or form. Your guess is as good as mine.
Ive never seen more then 18 people on the site so I can't even tell you that there really were 50 players and now they are "missing". This isn't the X-files though, so I'm sure theres a rational explanation, I think Synergistic made it pretty clear.

[ QUOTE ]
And one more thing. We know rake sucks but the at least it makes it very unlikely that the site will take off with your deposits. Think of it as insurance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, I don't talk to that biitch MS Sunshine anymore, but why don't you ask him how much rake he paid at Pokerspot before allegedly losing $54,000 when the site closed its doors and kept his money.

I doubt that the site is set up for a scam. It seems they are spending a lot on advertising so far(sending an installation CD bagged with the new issue of Cardplayer to subscribers) and 14k in freerolls the next two weeks

You can check out this press release on yahoo

Anyway, I can't and won't tell you the site is 100% trustworthy, you'll have to decide that for yourself.
Old 07-17-2004, 10:51 AM

I've been playing sporadically on ZeroRake.com for about a week (saved about $19 in rake so far with my high stakes action) and I happened to catch part of the 58 player night.

All the action was in Omaha, which I thought was wierd, but on a new site you have to take what you can get as far as live tables. I played for about 20 minutes, got a popup saying I got $20 for playing, and then the table broke up with me up about $5 not counting the $20.

I didn't find out until reading here the next day about the RGP offer, but it explained a lot about the "large" number of players and the Omaha action.

The last two nights have featured fairly full (6-8 player) holdem games at the $1/2 level for a couple hours during prime time. Not exactly hot action, but soft enough to be worth it if you're interested in promoting rake free play, which I am.

Martin
Old 07-17-2004, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys really are quick to find a mystery when you have no clues. I told you before, I'll tell you again. At the RGP board, the Zerorake dude posted he would give everyone who sat at an Omaha table that night a free 20 bucks. No strings attached. It looks like 50 people took him up on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not doubting that this offer happened, but i can't find it in all of my searches.

Can you please provide the link from the other day where the zero rake offer of free money was made? It will help your credibility if you can show us that the post even existed.

Thanks
Old 07-17-2004, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the Zerorake dude posted he would give everyone who sat at an Omaha table that night a free 20 bucks. No strings attached. It looks like 50 people took him up on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then what? They all cashed out their $20 that day and not a single one returned?

[/ QUOTE ]

How would you know if a single one didnt return or not? do you sit at zero rake 24/7 with a list of names and check them off as they come and go? So when you get $20 at a site you sit there and play 24/7? lol, come on, this is just retarded.
Old 07-17-2004, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How would you know if a single one didnt return or not? this is just retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not know, hence my question mark after the question in the original post you are quoting. Whether those players returned or not, i have no idea. However, I check the site many many times a day and there has never been 50 players since. Now who is retarded?

Also, your post count here has kept you off the attack the shill list, but most know better. How are you involved there? Please don't insult us by claiming you are only a player.
Old 07-17-2004, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

How would you know if a single one didnt return or not? this is just retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now who is retarded?

[/ QUOTE ]

neet, thanks for rearanging what I said. I was saying this whole argument is retarded, not you. I'm sure you knew that tho, but being the troll you are you just want to cause conflict. I'll make it easier for you next time tho, because now I am calling YOU retarded.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, your post count here has kept you off the attack the shill list, but most know better. How are you involved there? Please don't insult us by claiming you are only a player.

[/ QUOTE ]

And your post count and the fact that 90% of them are involved with trolling zerorake threads shows were your agenda lies.

and you are right, I'm not a player....I'm rick james bitch!!!!
Old 07-17-2004, 01:57 PM

i'm sorry i mentioned the propoker thing - it was written only because mr sunshine mentioned korean investors just after i felt something was wrong in the one particular game i was in - i'm quite likely to have been wrong - the easiest way to check is to put a nominal $50 or $100 in and try the site for yourself

however, the more i think about it, the fact that they show all players' downcards in their hand histories (no doubt this will be changed, now) is perhaps the most worrying thing of all

what sort of poker management team could make such an incredible, fundamental mistake as this?

edit:

i realise that the team could be good in terms of running a business, but by this i mean what faith could you have in them, for example, spotting collusion when they apparently don't know basic poker rules let alone strategy