Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Milo\'s first NL Post... Call or Fold to this River Bet?

2/5 NL at Bellagio. Your Hero is in the 10-seat and in the BB with Q4o. Nemesis (SB) has about $1000 in front of him, and is playing a little loose. Hero has about $500.

5 limp to the SB, who calls. Hero raps the table.

Flop is Q28, with two spades (hero has none). SB checks, drunk 1-seat checks without noticing Hero is in the hand, and the entire table checks to the button who bets $15 into the $30 pot. This happens in the three seconds I'm looking at my chips, trying to decide how much to bet (and if to bet). I object, and the dealer tells me it's too late, since there was action behind. SB and I call, as do two others.

Pot is $105. Flop is a non-spade 4, giving me two-pair. SB checks, I bet $50. All fold to button, who calls, as does SB.

Pot is $255. River is the 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB bets $75...
Old 11-13-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Milo\'s first NL Post... Call or Fold to this River Bet?

bet $105 on the turn, fold the river
Old 11-13-2005, 07:35 PM

Folding the flop is definitely an option, however, if you feel these guys will bet with less, calling is fine, other than that.

[ QUOTE ]
bet $105 on the turn, fold the river

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-13-2005, 07:32 PM

Fold the flop after it's a bet and a call to you. I would just check/fold this flop with that many people in the hand.

Since you didn't I'd check/raise the turn big, if i was betting out it would be atleast pot.

Since you didn't nothing of the above..... I dunno, it looks a lot like he's milking you with the flush.... but you're getting a great price but button is left to act.... I probably make a crying call...
Old 11-13-2005, 07:52 PM

I think you have to fold this river. The odds SB has the flush are too big IMO.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:02 PM

flop is easy raise.

button bets 1/2 pot when checked to?

no way button has you beat.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
flop is easy raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi amoeba.

No but SB called too.... I realize we probably have the best hand here, but pot is small, hand not very strong and they probably have a lot of outs to improve against us, 2 streets to go.... are we really looking to play a big pot here? I'd much rather fold and wait for a better spot.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
flop is easy raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi amoeba.

No but SB called too.... I realize we probably have the best hand here, but pot is small, hand not very strong and they probably have a lot of outs to improve against us, 2 streets to go.... are we really looking to play a big pot here? I'd much rather fold and wait for a better spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

its unfortunate that SB is a bit loose but I think SB has a tough time with any Q here and I feel that he will fold many Qs to a bet and a raise even though he might have best hand.

he'll likely call with draw but then you drive out button's any2, mid pair type hands and at least don't have to worry about button hitting a disguised 2 pair on the turn.

of course I would prefer not having SB in the hand but I still think flop raise is ok.

the main problem with just calling is lets say a blank comes on the turn, sb checks, you....bet?
Old 11-13-2005, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

its unfortunate that SB is a bit loose but I think SB has a tough time with any Q here and I feel that he will fold many Qs to a bet and a raise even though he might have best hand.

he'll likely call with draw but then you drive out button's any2, mid pair type hands and at least don't have to worry about button hitting a disguised 2 pair on the turn.

of course I would prefer not having SB in the hand but I still think flop raise is ok.

the main problem with just calling is lets say a blank comes on the turn, sb checks, you....bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm never calling here. I fold as I stated. I aggree that if you want to continue here raising is best, but fold > raise > call IMO.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:22 PM

I called (was steaming a bit and didn't even notice the flush on the board). Was wondering what I SHOULD have done, had I been paying proper attention. He had As5s, and MHING.